Euro 2020

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
pharvey

Re: Euro 2020

Post by pharvey »

caller wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:50 pm Kane playing well. :roll:
He's saving himself isn't he?
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

Harry played a blinder. :laugh:
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

Lost wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:54 am Harry played a blinder. :laugh:
No as the commentators said at half time, he keeps standing still doing nothing and it does not help the team.
The second haf he was better helped by a brilliant cross from Grealish.
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

lindosfan1 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:08 am
Lost wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:54 am Harry played a blinder. :laugh:
No as the commentators said at half time, he keeps standing still doing nothing and it does not help the team.
The second haf he was better helped by a brilliant cross from Grealish.
You obviously didn't detect the slight sarcasm in my post. He was absent for nearly all the game but popped up when it mattered. Hopefully it lifts his game a bit.

Anyway, what a cracking win lads! Onwards and upwards.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

He wasn't much better in the 2nd half. After he scored he looked livelier, so maybe that goal will see him raise his game now. In one incident in the 2nd half, Grealish won a ball in the air in the German half, Kane was inside of him, I expected Kane to move in anticipation of Grealish winning the header, but he was static, didn't move at all. Grealish won the header and then seeing Kane static, chased his own header. Basically, once again, we played with a shadow of a centre forward, not the real deal.
Talk is cheap
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

Just enjoy the win ffs. :D
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Complete mayhem here after the game! I live in a quiet area in a quiet market town. After the final whistle I went outside to sit on the decking by the river in the evening sunshine and have a beer with my neighbours (I know, it's a tough life), and all you could hear for about 15 minutes was fans pouring out of the pubs and singing in the streets, and cars blowing their horns. Huge boost for everyone over here - and much needed.

Let's hope we don't blow it now... :laugh: :cheers:
This is the way
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

From what I saw on the tely, it seems like England has already won the championship.

It is coming home again....????? High they fly and harder they fall.

Congrats getting to the quarterfinals (you're not champions yet)!
YNWA
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

dtaai-maai wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 1:33 am Complete mayhem here after the game! I live in a quiet area in a quiet market town. After the final whistle I went outside to sit on the decking by the river in the evening sunshine and have a beer with my neighbours (I know, it's a tough life), and all you could hear for about 15 minutes was fans pouring out of the pubs and singing in the streets, and cars blowing their horns. Huge boost for everyone over here - and much needed.

Let's hope we don't blow it now... :laugh: :cheers:
Very quiet here...... :wink:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Well of course, beating the Germans in a major tournament doesn’t happen very often (55 years ago was the last), so whilst you can understand a degree of celebration/optimism, the next game in Rome could be the most difficult - at least the semi and final are both at Wembley, so that would be a small help if we get there.

Regarding the game, I agree that Kane was basically an 89 minute spectator and even Sterling was in and out of the game, but goals win games!! Of all the rest of the team, I thought Stones and the other Harry looked pretty solid as was Pickford.
Topspin
Banned
Banned

Post by Topspin »

Just my opinion but I think Southgate dodged a bullet with his team selection against a poor German side. The defence decidedly dodgy and every time Harry "Capt Chaos" Maguire was near the ball was nerve shredding. Not even a look-in for the Premierships best player of the season Phil Foden. Even though he scored Kane was a passenger for most of the game, I think he tripped up for the headed goal :laugh: :laugh: :naughty:
To all conspiracy theorists...“when you hear hoofbeats, think of horses, not zebras.” :naughty:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I thought Captain Harry did OK (don't forget, he would never feature in any team I'd pick, ever). He played as well as I can remember, he passed the ball a couple of times, he played very deep at times, and even had a 20 yard run on the ball. Most importantly he scored, which most of you keep telling me is ALL that he is there for.

Forget Captain Harry, the rest of the team were solid, and it's coming home :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
Lost
Addict
Addict

Post by Lost »

Topspin wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:23 am Just my opinion but I think Southgate dodged a bullet with his team selection against a poor German side. The defence decidedly dodgy and every time Harry "Capt Chaos" Maguire was near the ball was nerve shredding. Not even a look-in for the Premierships best player of the season Phil Foden. Even though he scored Kane was a passenger for most of the game, I think he tripped up for the headed goal :laugh: :laugh: :naughty:
:roll:

Not sure what game you watched.
Dannie Boy wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:14 am Of all the rest of the team, I thought Stones and the other Harry looked pretty solid as was Pickford.
Agreed.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Topspin wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:23 am I think Southgate dodged a bullet with his team selection against a poor German side.
In fairness, after the opening 10/15 minutes, I think we made them look poor.

But I doubt we will win this tournament by attrition. We need to create more when in possession and that means playing more than 3 attack minded players.
Talk is cheap
The understudy
Ace
Ace

Post by The understudy »

Yo yo yo Congratulations to England’s Three Lions football team
beating Germany’s Die Mannschaft by 2 : 0! Win Kicking Them right out of the Euro 2020 Competition.
It’s a Well deserved Win by England who Played with PazAss and Passion!
Anither Minor reason Why Germany failed to score was their black funeral away Gear! With that kind of black we where doomed to loose to england in their white clean “Three Lions” gear!
Well my favorite English Young actress Bella Ramsay must be delighted that England had Won! And I say deservedly so!!!!
In Love with Hua Hin since 19naughty9 and it ain't fading!!!
(My fable for All Things Japanese knows no boundaries!) Proud Student of Stamford University Hua Hin Campus from 1999 to 2004 (5th Batch of Graduates.)
“Once you survive Stamford U Hua Hin Campus only you can survive anything!!!”