Mobile phones and Hutch

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
Roel
Guru
Guru

Mobile phones and Hutch

Post by Roel »

Yes I know I should have used the Search function first etc. but please advise on this one.

I am about to get a new mobile phone from my company. One that I can use whilst travelling abroad (can't use mine, I brought this one from The Netherlands). Now they are asking if I want to spend some extra money out of my own pocket in order to get a more sophisticated one. The only reason for me to throw in some money of my own would be if I can use the phone to connect to the internet. I am pretty much digitally illiterate but I know that things like Hutch exist. Can someone advise me on this (keeping in mind the illiterateness!!).
We are all living in 'the good old days' of the future.
Roel
Guru
Guru

Post by Roel »

Oops, noticed I posted this one in the Entertainment Zone. Can one of the mods kindly re-locate (Digital Realm I guess). Thanks.
We are all living in 'the good old days' of the future.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Done.
SuperTonic
Suspended
Suspended

Post by SuperTonic »

Your mobile internet options consist of...

1. Plug a sim into your mobile
- DTAC - 250 baht a week unlimited use. Reasonably quick and reliable in my experience.
- One2Call - Similar deal to DTAC only used payg so not so knowledgable about it and internet set-up was ballache wheras dtac just worked.

2. Funky gadget to plug into your laptop
- Hutch - 1000 baht a month but of late I've found it to be rather slow and unreliable with regular disconnections. Some problems can be resolved by use of proxies.