Suvarnabhumi Airport To Hua Hin

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Suvarnabhumi Airport To Hua Hin

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Can we get a thread going on the options available to get from the new airport to Hua Hin and costs?

I know there is an airport bus that will take you to Victory monument and from there you can get the minibus for 180 Baht. However when I travelled out of Thailand on the 30th September this bus route was not operating even though it was being advertised at the bus ticket desk (bottom floor) at the airport. On asking when it will be available there was a few nods of the head, so COMING SOON!

Options I would like covered:

1. Airport bus to Victory - Cost

2. Taxi to Victory - Cost

3. Taxi Suvarnabhumi Airport To Hua Hin - Cost

4. Limousine Taxi Suvarnabhumi Airport To Hua Hin - Cost

5. Flight to HH - Cost & Times, with web link to operator/s

6. Minibus from Victory to Hua Hin (Current Cost is 180 Baht) average time 2.45 hours depending on day and time

7. Nearest Bus Station if not going via Victory mini bus with cost and duration.

8. Train. (Done this never again took most of the day via express).

:cheers:
Last edited by JimmyGreaves on Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

Any ideas if or when the "1st class bus service connects Hua Hin directly with Suvarnabhumi Airport (the new BKK)." is up and running.
That would be ideal.
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Norseman »

I've heard some rumours that "somebody" (it's a woman), will start a bus link between Suvarnabhumi and Hua Hin.
Only rumours so far though but I hope it will be done.
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

According to that Wikitravel link it is happening.
Would make life easier though.
No messing about, just straight on the bus to Hua Hin.
The understudy
Ace
Ace

Post by The understudy »

For me it would be very nice that they would open the Airport Link from Phaya Thai to Makkasan to suvarnabhumi Airport. But that's not gonna happen for another 2 years.
From Phava Thai it's just 1 BTS Station away to Siam and the Capitol of Trendyness Siam Square where I usually hang out and observe.
Aehhh the delays in construction of the aiport Link is really a bummer that would have made travel to the new airport much more easier and from Phaya Thai just take the Mimibus to Hua Hin is enough for me.

your's the understudy!
In Love with Hua Hin since 19naughty9 and it ain't fading!!!
(My fable for All Things Japanese knows no boundaries!) Proud Student of Stamford University Hua Hin Campus from 1999 to 2004 (5th Batch of Graduates.)
“Once you survive Stamford U Hua Hin Campus only you can survive anything!!!”
flyboy747
Rookie
Rookie

Post by flyboy747 »

Any positive news on the 1st class bus service airport-HH please post,where and cost...thanks folks :wink:
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Thanks Baa Good info here.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Last Monday I was offered a taxi from Suvarnabhumi to Hua Hin for 2500 baht, I went to Victory monument instead and was offered 500, and paid 400 baht, that was an unofficial pick-up from outside the terminal. I was waiting for a shuttle bus to the transport centre, but taxis were coming past all the time, so I stopped one.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Yesterday I was driving up through Bangkok to Buriram, and I noticed that the first signs for Suvarnabhumi off the Express-way were pointing to the Bang pa route. If anyone is driving to the airport, I would avoid that road as it is usually very congested. If you carry on to the next set of signs they will get you to the Bangkok-Chonburi road which is much better.
I also noticed that not all of the old airport signs to Don Muang have been covered up yet, so if you are unfamiliar with driving in Bangkok there is scope for error.
Burger
Ace
Ace

Post by Burger »

The taxi people we use are saying it will be the same cost to/from the new airport as it was Don Muang.
One charges 2,500 Baht one-way for a private mini-bus, the other 3,000 Baht. Cars are cheaper.

Burger
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

STEVE G wrote:Last Monday I was offered a taxi from Suvarnabhumi to Hua Hin for 2500 baht, I went to Victory monument instead and was offered 500, and paid 400 baht, that was an unofficial pick-up from outside the terminal. I was waiting for a shuttle bus to the transport centre, but taxis were coming past all the time, so I stopped one.
Steve 400 Baht for what?
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Got back Saturday night and overall the experience of the new airport was good.
Very quick through immigration and we'd have been outside within 30-40 mins of landing if one of our bags hadn't been stranded in Dubai - not the airport's fault and the bag arrived safely the next day.
As far as transport was concerned, we opted for a mini cab - not taxi meter. The two young chaps wanted 2,500 and we got them down to 2,300. That included all the tolls.
Car was a decent Volvo and the driving was good. One was driving down, the other back. They were both chatty and stopped whenever I wanted to stock up on Chang. We gave them 2,500 anyway.
If anyone wants their number, PM me
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Norseman »

lomuamart wrote:Got back Saturday night to stock up on Chang.
Good to have you back lomu.
(Quoting isn't that easy after some sang soms either).
Anyway, post your story.
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

JimmyGreaves wrote:
Steve 400 Baht for what?

Jimmy, that was for a taxi from outside the airport arrival terminal to Victory Monument, I think you could get it for even less with a bit of hard bargaining, it only took 35 minutes.