Bank Books

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
Jack_Batty
Professional
Professional

Bank Books

Post by Jack_Batty »

What is it with these dang bank books? Every time I go into my bank, for whatever reason, they want my bank book. In the US, my first visit to a bank was a field trip in Kindergarten (1975). We walked to the nearest bank and each of us got to open a .25 cent account, after hearing a talk from the bank manager. We were then given a bank book. As far as I can remember, that was the last time I ever had a bank book for any account in my ensuing 47 years. So, why are they such a rage in Thailand? I needed a six-month statement yesterday. I had my passport and three other forms of identification. All I needed was for the girl to pull up my account on her computer and print out six months. Nope. Cannot. Had to drive home and get my bank book.
Last edited by Jack_Batty on Sat May 21, 2022 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Re: Bank Books

Post by huahin4ever »

Jack_Batty wrote:What is it with these dang bank books? Every time I go into my bank, for whatever reason, they want my bank book. In the US, my first visit to a bank was a field trip in Kindergarten (1975). We walked to the nearest bank and each of us got to open a .25 cent account, after hearing a talk from the bank manager. We were then given a bank book. As far as I can remember, that was the last time I ever had a bank book for any account in my ensuing 47 years. So, why are they such a rage in Thailand? I needed a six-month statement yesterday. I had my passport and three other forms of identification. All I needed was for the girl to pull up my account on her computer and print out six months. Nope. Cannot. Had to drive him and get my bank book.
I agree. It is so ridiculous and outdated. And if you do not update frequently the entries in the book looks so stupid. I updated mine yesterday. Last update was beginning of January. The only updates entered yesterday was from May 3rd. And onwards, and in addition it was printed over the ones from beginning of January creating a mess and nearly unreadable. Imho this bb system is useless and completely outdated.

YNWA!

YNWA
Jack_Batty
Professional
Professional

Post by Jack_Batty »

huahin4ever wrote: Sat May 21, 2022 10:50 am
Jack_Batty wrote:What is it with these dang bank books? Every time I go into my bank, for whatever reason, they want my bank book. In the US, my first visit to a bank was a field trip in Kindergarten (1975). We walked to the nearest bank and each of us got to open a .25 cent account, after hearing a talk from the bank manager. We were then given a bank book. As far as I can remember, that was the last time I ever had a bank book for any account in my ensuing 47 years. So, why are they such a rage in Thailand? I needed a six-month statement yesterday. I had my passport and three other forms of identification. All I needed was for the girl to pull up my account on her computer and print out six months. Nope. Cannot. Had to drive him and get my bank book.
I agree. It is so ridiculous and outdated. And if you do not update frequently the entries in the book looks so stupid. I updated mine yesterday. Last update was beginning of January. The only updates entered yesterday was from May 3rd. And onwards, and in addition it was printed over the ones from beginning of January creating a mess and nearly unreadable. Imho this bb system is useless and completely outdated.

YNWA!
I went to Immigration last week to renew my O visa. I had just come from the bank, where they gave me that letter and updated my bank book. Well, they didn’t update it properly and I was denied. He told me to just go and get a six-month statement and I would be fine. Fortunately I had one already, for my girlfriend’s embassy appointment.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Paperwork. They love it!

You'll find branches that still use typewriters (remember those) and carbon paper!
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

HHTel wrote:Paperwork. They love it!

You'll find branches that still use typewriters (remember those) and carbon paper!
The advantage is that they still work when there’s a power cut!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk