NEW MEMBER INTRO & INFO !

New members login and say hello here. Please read our Forum Starter Pack and Terms and Conditions before posting if you are new to this forum.
roro
Rookie
Rookie

NEW MEMBER INTRO & INFO !

Post by roro »

Hello everyone, I am planning a trip to HH in August, combining a holiday and possabilities of moving ( from Essex UK) with my wife and 11 year old daughter.
Could someone explain what the 'rainy season'is like ?
Some people have told me its grey and raining all day (like Blighty) while others have said its sunny then some clouds appear, pours with rain for an hour or so, then fine again ?
Any info on this subject would be very welcome, thanking you all in advance, roro. 8)
If I could be the sun I'd shine in your life,
If I could be the rain I'd rain in your eyes and I'd wash away the emptiness you feel inside-PW.
DawnHRD
Legend
Legend

Post by DawnHRD »

This is probably not what you want to hear, but it could be either. Or overcast & no rain, or even sunny for the vast majority of the day. I once went to Kota Kinabalu. While I was there, it rained between 4 and 5 every day & was sunny for the rest of the time. Not so predictable here. But then, neither is UK. :wink:
"The question is not, can they reason? Nor, can they talk? But, can they suffer?" - Jeremy Bentham, philosopher, 1748-1832

Make a dog's life better, today!
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Essex or Hua Hin, when the sun's not shining? Hmm, thats a tough one!!! :D
Talk is cheap
roro
Rookie
Rookie

Post by roro »

Thank you both for your input !
Dawn, you are right its not WHAT I wanted to hear, HA HA, but it was an honest opinion so in a way it IS what I wanted to hear :?
Anyhow we are still going ahead with our trip (once our new passports EVENTUALLY get here :cuss:
Caller, I can't make out your post ? Sarcastic or serious ? As I've not yet been to Thailand I can't answer that one thats why I asked. I've been to other HOT countries when the sun wasn't shining and wish I HAD been back in Essex, perhaps you can enlighten me more. :wink:
Once again a BIG thanks. :D
If I could be the rain I'd rain in your eyes and I'd wash away the emptiness you feel inside-PW.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Hi roro,

Apologies, I was being sarcastic - I guess it depends on where you come from in that fair county? For me, being away is often enough.

I don't live there yet, but was there for most of last August. It did rain on a few days and was overall, a mixed bag and was overcast at other times. But only a couple of days were written off due to the weather but as there were no children with us, it wasn't a big deal.

I suppose it depends on the facilities at the place you're staying and whether you have access to transport?

Have a great time, you'll love the place.
Talk is cheap
Jaime
Legend
Legend

Post by Jaime »

roro,

It can also be like this:

http://img419.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... rs42ih.jpg

or like this:

http://photos.huahinafterdark.com/main. ... itemId=103

Asia is a place of extremes. A cliche I know but if you are thinking of upping sticks completely then my advice would be to visit a number of times and really get a feel for whether you could live in the place.... and its climate!
roro
Rookie
Rookie

Post by roro »

Hi guys, thanks for your replies,
Caller, no need for apologies, I'm as sarcastic as they come :D just wasn't sure at the time where you were coming from.
We are now so looking forward to experiencing Thailand and Hua Hin, just waiting for our new passports, wifes photos have been returned once, so having to wait longer :roll:
Jaime, thanks for your advice, its all taken on board. Just can't wait for the first trip, I know we're all going to love it. 8)

Thanks again, take care, roro.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Well, I was tring to post 30 mins ago during a torrential downpour and guess what, the internet went down.
So, it does get wet this time of year, but this morning was hot and sunny. Also, communication lines aren't exactly reliable either.
roro
Rookie
Rookie

Post by roro »

Iomuamart, thanks for that ! I bet one of the things people want to do when it rains is surf the web and catch up on e-mails etc, that must be quite frustrating.
Do you know if their are any internet cafes in HH ?
Anyhow, our original passports were returned yesterday so our new ones should be with us tomorrow (Monday), and I am now checking out flights and hope to be in HH in a week or so :D
Thanks again for all your replies, cheers , RORO :cheers:
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Norseman »

roro wrote: Do you know if their are any internet cafes in HH ?
There are many internet cafes in Hua Hin. You can't miss them.
Bon voyage :cheers:
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
roro
Rookie
Rookie

Post by roro »

Thanks Norseman, just hope the rain doesn't make em crash, ha ha. :)