Driving range pains

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
buksida

Driving range pains

Post by buksida »

Well I finally got round to going to the driving range here yesterday. I traded a golf lesson for a guitar lesson with lomuamart.

Pae Mai didnt open until 10 so we went to Hua Hin behind the railway station. A tray of balls at 30 baht and I was ready to send those little white beasties into orbit.

I managed to hit most of them but they did go off in some strange directions, the straightest shot came off a 7 iron ... about 80-100 yards which aint bad for a virgin. Shame it took 50 odd balls to hit one straight!

Today I ache everywhere and to think I have to do this again next week!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Jim
Guru
Guru

Post by Jim »

just think of it as a hangover. the only way to feel better is a hair of the dog.
ดวงขึ้น
จิม
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

I wasn't too bad yesterday. Today I'm like a tin soldier.
BTW, I heard that the military course at Pranburi has gone up from 350 to 900 Baht a round and membership from 1,000 to 9,000.
Can anyone confirm this?
chelsea
Ace
Ace

Post by chelsea »

That is the adictive part of golf, the one straight shot will always draw you back for another go.
:cheers:
malcolminthemiddle
Guru
Guru

Post by malcolminthemiddle »

Anyone got a spare set of left hand clubs we can borrow (rent) for a week starting 25/12?

My brother-in-law is visiting for a holiday and fancies a couple of rounds.

Cheers
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Buksi,

With the Colarado kid advising its no wonder your aching mate!! (Only kiddin CK i know you can play a bit!) Did you do any stretching first - Aha - no i guess! Averyone thinks golf is an old mans game, now you know its not. Both of you if ya want to go to the range to hit a few give me a pm anytime.
CharlieHustle
Rookie
Rookie

Post by CharlieHustle »

Golf not only brings you back for the good shots but the bad ones as well, just remember the best shots always come at the 19th hole :cheers:
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

JW wrote:Buksi,

With the Colarado kid advising its no wonder your aching mate!! (Only kiddin CK i know you can play a bit!) Did you do any stretching first - Aha - no i guess! Averyone thinks golf is an old mans game, now you know its not. Both of you if ya want to go to the range to hit a few give me a pm anytime.
Just might take you up on the JW. My irons were going well, but couldn't hit anything with the driver. Can't understand what I was doing wrong.
buksida

Post by buksida »

JW wrote:Both of you if ya want to go to the range to hit a few give me a pm anytime.
We're planning on making it a regular Wednesday morning thing so yes, the more the merrier.

Does this mean I need to teach you how to play guitar as well? :mrgreen:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

I wouldnt want to make horrible noises with a great intsrument! I will stick to listening to the greats!! Any tips from me at the range will be strictly free gratis. Wednesdays not bad for me so will keep in touch.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

I might just about be able to walk by then.
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

Should I ever get up at that early stage on Wednesdays and join in, I could trade Finnish language lessons for golf lessons. :mrgreen:
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Bamboo Grove wrote:Should I ever get up at that early stage on Wednesdays and join in, I could trade Finnish language lessons for golf lessons. :mrgreen:
Just what I need :?
Wanderlust
Legend
Legend

Post by Wanderlust »

What time on Wednesdays? I imagine BG's problem is the same as mine - darts night on Tuesdays...
Is the range going to lead on to actually playing then buksi?
Len
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Len »

Forget the driving range. . . . . The only way to improve your game is on the course . . . Make a foursome and play two ball ambrose which will also create some fun . . . .
Go hard or go home . . .