Has anyone shipped a car from the UK?

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
Siani
Legend
Legend

Has anyone shipped a car from the UK?

Post by Siani »

Happy New year everyone!
Has anyone shipped a car from the UK? I am just going to look into it as a possibility. I think the import tax is apparently high. I am thinking of shipping my present car not a new one.
Big Boy

Re: Has anyone shipped a car from the UK?

Post by Big Boy »

I'm no expert, but you could start by looking here http://www.expathuahin.com/moving-huahin.php
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

Big Boy wrote:I'm no expert, but you could start by looking here http://www.expathuahin.com/moving-huahin.php
Thanks I did not think to start looking on the site. Well it sums it up for me really, do not think I will consider shipping it! Too expensive. Thanks for your reply Siani
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Nereus is on a trip and he has much experience in this specifically from Australia I think, but makes no matter from where, the problems all start here. There are older threads on here where the same question was asked and he answered with a strong negative. I'll try to find them. I think the bottom line is the duty fees and tax are much greater than the value of the car, plus the red tape, time and delays in processing. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

prcscct wrote:Nereus is on a trip and he has much experience in this specifically from Australia I think, but makes no matter from where, the problems all start here. There are older threads on here where the same question was asked and he answered with a strong negative. I'll try to find them. I think the bottom line is the duty fees and tax are much greater than the value of the car, plus the red tape, time and delays in processing. Pete :cheers:
Thanks so much for the info :)