Rate your favourite bar here please rate 1 10 and why?

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
vincequick
Amateur
Amateur

Rate your favourite bar here please rate 1 10 and why?

Post by vincequick »

It's always hard to find a current update to the bar scene if anyting new is happening let us know about what's cool and drab cheers
stgrhe
Professional
Professional

Post by stgrhe »

I like the small but friendly McCartney bar. It is a 'genuine' no noise bar where one can meet other expats.

If 10 is supposed to mean the best bar I have ever visited anywhere I'd give the McCartney a 7.
splitlid
Guru
Guru

Post by splitlid »

hi stgrhe,
where is the pub? :)
"All the otters don't understand me"
"We might make you bother"
stgrhe
Professional
Professional

Post by stgrhe »

splitlid wrote:hi stgrhe,
where is the pub? :)

It is on the same street as the Sofitel on the right hand side when walking away from Hilton. You'll pass Sofitel's main gate and then walk about a 100m. It is next door to a real estate agent, can't remember the name. It is a small bar without noisy bargirls.
chelsea
Ace
Ace

Post by chelsea »

Is it the bar at the far side of the entrance of the Hua Hin Suites or is it farther down the street than that.
I stayed in the Hua Hin Suites a few years ago and Pappa Johns was on one corner of the entrance and there was a cocktail type bar on the other corner, plus if you walked farther down that street away from the Sofitel there were a couple more smaller bars down that way.
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Always Borrow Money from a Pesimist. "They Never Expect it Back"
stgrhe
Professional
Professional

Post by stgrhe »

chelsea wrote:Is it the bar at the far side of the entrance of the Hua Hin Suites or is it farther down the street than that.
I stayed in the Hua Hin Suites a few years ago and Pappa Johns was on one corner of the entrance and there was a cocktail type bar on the other corner, plus if you walked farther down that street away from the Sofitel there were a couple more smaller bars down that way.
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
It is not as far as the 'girly' type bars you'll find further down the road.
telexs
Amateur
Amateur

Post by telexs »

:D :D :D A nice quiet drink,a good chat with no hassles it's Top Marks. After that its down to the London,for a bit of fun,both have good management & staff.
:cheers: :cheers: :thumb: :thumb:
Telexs
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

I like the eejit bar opposite Mr gungs
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Randy Cornhole »

Any bar thats away from tourist area used to suit me. The Phoenix bar was always a favourite... :cheers:
www.35mmview.com
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

I like the U-Turn bar, the bar it's self nothing special but they have two good over sized pool tables and the owner Craig is a top bloke, also a good bar to do people watching because its near the bottom of the Binta, and you dont get presured by girls just only the usual towts flogging cd's and that very large Zipo lighter.

Kendo.
:cheers:
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

and that very large Zipo lighter.
OMG, I've been going to Hua Hin for almost 10 years now ............... and they still haven't sold it? :shock: :banghead:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

Any bar thats away from tourist area used to suit me. The Phoenix bar was always a favourite...
Me too Randy,

Plus, being a married man, I don't go into bars that have (obvious) girls for hire, not because I'd be tempted, but this is a small town with lots of gossipers (especially jealous, competitive Thai women) and I don't want to disrespect my wife by being seen in those places or areas.

I like Barry's (don't know the name) new bar out on the Pala U road. This is the Barry from Canada that owned J&B bar and guesthouse (now the Shed) down on Nebkahard road for years. It's away from the tourists and he still has a good following of expats to yak with.

Downtown I've always liked Billy's in the bazaar area. :cheers:
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

For starters the bar should not be charging more than bht50 for a small Thai beer ie the same as the bars in Pattaya.

Lets us see what bars fall into this category and then select?
thaiorchid
Banned
Banned

Post by thaiorchid »

PET.
Cheap is good!! :roll:
Give us a break. I am not a barowner (thank you Buddha). But let us play a little with numbers: Average rent 30.000 + other overheads 10.000
comes to 40.000 a month -not to mention keymoney and inventory- wholesale-price (Halex) app. 30 baht. If they were to sell it for 50, they will need to sell 70 beers a day, just to break even. God forbid they should make a profit. :cry:
I have found the perfect bar for you PET, very convenient as they have outlets all over town. Normally the have a cementtable in front of the bar where you can sit all day and watch the ladies go by for FREE, should you get hungry their charming staff will be happy to prepare delicious instant noodles for you in the micro-wave. And best of all it is CHEAP. :thumb:
Name of the place: 7-Eleven.
By sitting there you are even doing your part for cooperate Thailand.
7-Eleven is owned by CPALL, 2008 revenue 124 billion baht, profit 2.3 billion baht (AT).
A so much better feeling than giving your hard earned money to some overcharging fellow expat ? :shock:
thaiorchid
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Thaiorchid - I don't know whats got up yours ?

My point was if Pattaya bars can sell for so much less why not in HH?

If it is because the bar owners are paying too much rent then that is their problem - don't try and recoup from a bad financial plan by overcharging the punters.