Thailand plans to decriminalize/criminalize cannabis

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Thailand plans to decriminalize cannabis

Post by sateeb »

Will be glad to see the back of the shirtless deadbeats at a premises in the Thap Tai area :laugh:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

I don't supposed that it was insured. :D

Fire Erupts at Massive Marijuana Plantation Warehouse in Chachoengsao, No Injuries Reported

https://thepattayanews.com/2024/05/10/f ... -reported/

At 10:00 AM, on May 9th, 2024, Mueang Chachoengsao police officers received a fire incident report at a massive private marijuana plantation warehouse in Mueang Chachoengsao, Chachoengsao.
Mueang Chachoengsao police and relevant agencies were dispatched to the reported warehouse where four adjacent private warehouses were in an open area. The marijuana plantation and marijuana storage warehouse was where the fire first started.

The Mueang Chachoengsao firefighters diligently sprayed water on the violent flames to prevent it from spreading to three other adjacent storage warehouses.

The firefighters were able to put the fire under control after about 50 minutes. No injuries or casualties were reported from the incident, according to the police.

Mr. Patthorn Sitthikarn, the Mayor of the Khlong Luang Phaeng Subdistrict Administrative Organization, reportedly said that the fire might have occurred from an electrical short circuit and that the marijuana warehouse’s wall was covered with flammable materials.

Initially, the Mueang Chachoengsao forensic and relevant officials would investigate the warehouses to determine the exact cause of the fire incident.

Interestingly, this comes the same week that the Thai Prime Minister has caused many polarizing opinions stating firmly that he wants to recriminalize marijuana.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

The pm lives in Lala land. Ganga had been available practically everywhere from years ago. My first trip up in 1979/80, any hotel bellboy worth his salt could get you some. Magic mushrooms in Samui? No probs. The Thais have been putting ganga in kway teow soup since before I even ventured here. I'd like to see how they try to put the genie back in the bottle.
Side note: I don't indulge, but have tried back in the day. Doesn't float my boat. Don't have a problem with others indulging, as long as they are in their own space and don't harass others. To each their own.
Don't condone the harder stuff, though.
วินเชนท์
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Perhaps already mentioned, but this quick about face has Mr. T written all over it.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Ratsima
Ace
Ace

Post by Ratsima »

VincentD wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 7:49 pm The pm lives in Lala land. Ganga had been available practically everywhere from years ago. My first trip up in 1979/80, any hotel bellboy worth his salt could get you some.
People have short memories, don't they. It wasn't so long ago that the tobacco ladies at most fresh markets kept a tin of ganja under the counter. All you had to do was ask.
buksida

Re: Thailand plans to decriminalize/criminalize cannabis

Post by buksida »

Cannabis permit system in pipeline
Permits will be required to grow and use cannabis for medical purposes and research, and recreational use will be banned under new legislation, Public Health Minister Somsak Thepsutin said on Thursday.

His comments follow the surprising policy reversal earlier this month by Prime Minister Srettha Thavisin, who pledged to re-criminalise cannabis by the end of the year after it was de-criminalised in 2022.

Details of the licensing process were still being worked out, Mr Somsak said.

“The permit system must not place an unreasonable burden on the public,” he said in a post on Facebook, adding that there would be a grace period for the public to adjust.

Pro-cannabis groups have protested against Mr Srettha’s move, saying it stands to damage business confidence after thousands of cannabis cafes and dispensaries sprang up after legalisation, an industry projected to be worth up to $1.2 billion by 2025.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... n-pipeline
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Ratsima
Ace
Ace

Post by Ratsima »

buksida wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 8:18 am Cannabis permit system in pipeline

“The permit system must not place an unreasonable burden on the public,” he said in a post on Facebook, adding that there would be a grace period for the public to adjust.
Is it considered an unreasonable burden if we're required to present a copy of our "permit" and our ID for every purchase?
buksida

Post by buksida »

You need a permit to fart in this country, so I can't see another piece of paper making a difference to availability.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Ratsima
Ace
Ace

Post by Ratsima »

buksida wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 8:26 am You need a permit to fart in this country, so I can't see another piece of paper making a difference to availability.
:lach: