Booster Vaccines - Covid 19

Temporary sub-forum for all news, updates, developments and discussion on Coronavirus/Covid-19 in Hua Hin, Thailand and globally. Any and all topics on the outbreak will be moved into this forum for ease of information access.

Full time or part time foreign residents of Thailand which booster vaccine have you received?

AstraZeneca
20%
Johnson & Johnson
No votes
Moderna
22%
Pfizer
44%
Sinopharm
4%
Sinovac
No votes
Other (Explain)
2%
4%

Total votes: 45

hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Booster Vaccines - Covid 19

Post by hhinner »

thecolonel wrote:
hhinner wrote:Just looked at my vaccine shot sticker. Expiry date 9/1/2565. Another 3 days and they'd have to throw it away.
No wonder we only got 1 days notice!

Sent from my M2007J20CT using Tapatalk
This was Pfizer. US leftovers maybe? Interesting to see what your AZ expiry is.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

hhinner wrote:
thecolonel wrote:
hhinner wrote:Just looked at my vaccine shot sticker. Expiry date 9/1/2565. Another 3 days and they'd have to throw it away.

Thought that after I posted. Don't drink and post!!

thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

hhinner wrote:
thecolonel wrote:
hhinner wrote:Took about 2 hours from entry to exit.
As re your time window, did you go early, middle or late?

11.20. No free water at this venue unlike HHH. Take a pen to fill in the little form they give you (name, temp, height, weight). Also take original appointment card form to stick vaccine details on, but if you don't they'll give you the little sticker anyway.
Any reaction to the Pfizer?

Do people typically react to the third one like they usually do to the second?

(Edit... a Google search indicates they do indeed get a similar rate of side effects from the 3rd, compared to 2nd)

My son in UK didn't react to 3rd Pfizer

About 9 hours after my second (Astra) I got a fever, chills, headache etc but lasted about 15 hours

Whilst I'm up early today my thinking is to go as late as poss, so if I feel rough it will probably be bedtime.

Last edited by thecolonel on Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I’m sure if you look hard enough, you’ll find people who have reacted completely differently to all the major vaccines, so just because one person says they had this or that reaction, doesn’t mean you will get the same. Hopefully you’ll be up and about tomorrow morning to tell us all about it!!

Just for the record,
1st - SV - no reaction at all
2nd - AZ - arm ache and flu-like symptoms for 24 hours
3rd - PF - very mild arm ache only
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Dannie Boy wrote:I’m sure if you look hard enough, you’ll find people who have reacted completely differently to all the major vaccines, so just because one person says they had this or that reaction, doesn’t mean you will get the same. Hopefully you’ll be up and about tomorrow morning to tell us all about it!!

Just for the record,
1st - SV - no reaction at all
2nd - AZ - arm ache and flu-like symptoms for 24 hours
3rd - PF - very mild arm ache only
True, but this survey of 12,500 people indicates reactions are, in the main, similar

My point is that, on balance, one should expect a similar reaction to 3rd as per 2nd.

In any event, AFAIK a reaction is a good thing right? The body doing its job and all that, producing (more) antibodies....

https://www.statnews.com/2021/09/28/sid ... -indicate/

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Very busy, but very efficient down there this morning. I left home at 08:35 and was sat at home again by 10:40/

One thing I hadn't realised. If I had taken my Vaccine Passport (yellow booklet) the nurse would have updated it at the same time as updating my Green Card. Well impressed.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

There was a "walk in vaccination" this morning at Cha Am hospital between 8 am and 12.00
So we went for my husband's 3rd dose (got Pfizer, after 1st & 2nd of AstraZeneca). Expiry date 24/1/2022.
Arrived there at 8am and left at 10.30 am.
The waiting was long as they offered a choice of 1st, 2nd & 3rd dose of AstraZeneca and 2nd & 3rd dose of Pfizer, people were called by lots of 10s for one type about 5 times then the same for Pfizer.
Many people and surprisingly many foreigners.
Received the vaccine certificate straight away.
Attachments
received_1039360050246132.jpeg
received_1039360050246132.jpeg (163.61 KiB) Viewed 426 times
received_928310757818175.jpeg
received_928310757818175.jpeg (127.65 KiB) Viewed 426 times
received_361373839129468.jpeg
received_361373839129468.jpeg (48.21 KiB) Viewed 426 times
received_1102161813930632.jpeg
(132.15 KiB) Downloaded 370 times
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

^^ Not fair! Your sticker has a bar code, mine doesn't.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

thecolonel wrote:
hhinner wrote:
thecolonel wrote:As re your time window, did you go early, middle or late?

11.20. No free water at this venue unlike HHH. Take a pen to fill in the little form they give you (name, temp, height, weight). Also take original appointment card form to stick vaccine details on, but if you don't they'll give you the little sticker anyway.
Any reaction to the Pfizer?

Do people typically react to the third one like they usually do to the second?

(Edit... a Google search indicates they do indeed get a similar rate of side effects from the 3rd, compared to 2nd)

My son in UK didn't react to 3rd Pfizer

About 9 hours after my second (Astra) I got a fever, chills, headache etc but lasted about 15 hours

Whilst I'm up early today my thinking is to go as late as poss, so if I feel rough it will probably be bedtime.

No reaction I can conclusively pin on Pfizer. A slight ache near the shoulder and my wife can't raise her arm 100% vertically (about 90%). But that could just be the needle itself as the injection this time was very high up near the shoulder. Injection itself was hardly felt. Nothing showing in the plaster afterwards.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

hhinner wrote:
thecolonel wrote:

Astra expiry.... 31st March 2565 (2022 obviously)

43 mins from entry to Bluport car park area on 2nd floor to jab

Now waiting for clearance(edit.... I was 1 hour from start to go home time. Well happy with that)

Yes, very hard to imagine they could have done it any quicker with this amount people so full credit where it's due

If only the X Ray department(and to a slightly lesser extent Urology) was even half as efficient as this then I would have a very different view of HHH

bigston
Guru
Guru

Post by bigston »

Arrived from Aus last year and had 2 shots of AZ to enter the Phuket sandbox before travelling North.
Its now over 6 months since the shots and looking to get a booster.

Where do you register for the vaccination? People talk about scanning QR codes and registering with the mobile providers. Is there a hospital website, or do you just walk in?

Thanks for your assistance.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

If you can prove residence inn PKK then it might be worth going to the local state hospital to ask if you can register for a booster.

Otherwise you might have to consider using the mobile provider, Bang Sue, private hospital, etc options.

No local booster walk-ins yet, but this may change as it did with the first 2 shots.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

There are walk in Boosters at Blue port today 7 Jan 2022 and I was told this morning every day this week unless stocks run out.

Excellent service with the RTA providing support.

I was told to go to HH Hposital in 14 days to have my green card and Covid Pass updated.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

StevePIraq wrote:There are walk in Boosters at Blue port today 7 Jan 2022 and I was told this morning every day this week unless stocks run out.

Excellent service with the RTA providing support.

I was told to go to HH Hposital in 14 days to have my green card and Covid Pass updated.
That's interesting because the HHH FB page says only for those on the lists. What did you get, if I may ask? Advertised for today is AZ boosters for those who got SV/AZ combo. Did you get your first two shots in HH also?

They also haven't publicized any booster shots other than today and yesterday.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Yes It seems only Thais knew about the walk in system. But it is in operation for anyone who has had two vaccination.
My vaccines were Sinovac followed by AZ, my booster was AZ. First two at Hua Hin Hospital.

I expected to be turned away but was not, best if you just go along with your paperwork and passports and give it a shot. 9.00-15.00 hrs
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali