Vaccines - Covid 19

Temporary sub-forum for all news, updates, developments and discussion on Coronavirus/Covid-19 in Hua Hin, Thailand and globally. Any and all topics on the outbreak will be moved into this forum for ease of information access.

Full time or part time foreign residents of Thailand which vaccine(s) have you or will you receive?

______First__________________
No votes
AstraZeneca
15%
Johnson & Johnson
1%
Moderna
1%
Pfizer
18%
Sinopharm
1%
Sinovac
14%
Other
No votes
______Second________________
No votes
AstraZeneca
25%
Moderna
3%
Pfizer
20%
Sinopharm
1%
Sinovac
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes: 79

StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Vaccines - Covid 19

Post by StevePIraq »

My first vaccination today at Hua Hin Hospital. My name was on page 20 of 133 so I thought there would be a huge wait but no. I arrived 20 minutes before registration, went through the registration process, then 6th in line for my vaccination and all finished in less than 30 minutes, then a 30 minute wait to make sure I was ok.

The set up was exceptional, military precision and extremely well organized. Well done HHH.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Couldn't agree more with StevePIraq.

I got there at 7.20am this morning and was walking back down to my car at 8.20am and that included the 30 mins observation time.

I was earlier on the pages but that didn't make any difference as it was first come, first served hence the "opening times" of 7.30-15.00.

Bearing in mind, as was mentioned above yesterday, that the hospital are supposedly allowing walk-ins from 11am, I reckon they are trying to get through some 2,500 people today and from what I saw, I have no doubt that they'll achieve that.

Ditto, well done HHH.
Don East Stand
Professional
Professional

Post by Don East Stand »

I would have to agree regarding HHH and the vaccinations today, absolutely fantastic! :thumb:

Really well organised from start to finish, I arrived at the 7th floor 1:44pm, and by 2:06pm I had been vaccinated ....... everyone of the staff I encountered were very helpful and plenty of smiles.

I had expected mayhem, with over 2500 queue numbers available to be vaccinated, and then opening it up for walk-in vaccinations as well! :shock:

I noticed that my ticket number was 370, and I wondered if that was how many doses of Sinovac they had administered today?

They also carefully explained, on more than one occasion, that I was getting "Shake and Vac" :naughty: :duck: today, .... perhaps I was a bit smelly and needed my freshness back! :laugh: :laugh:

My second appointment for AZ is three weeks today, so if they are as professional then, as they were today, no complaints from me! :thumb:

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Well I hope you all thanked all those who did so well - I did myself some 3 weeks ago and they were so surprised to receive such thanks
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Walk-in again on Tuesday from 11am for over 60s, 7 health conditions, ladies who are pregnant 12 weeks and over.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Nice to hear that HHH have got vaccinations well organised. However, bearing in mind that the UK have recently announced, rightly or wrongly, that anyone that have been vaccinated with mixed vaccines will be treated as 'unvaccinated' with the necessary quarantine.
My mother is 96. Not that I expect her to go anytime soon, fingers crossed, but should anything happen I would rather be vaccinated AZ/AZ or Pfizer/Pfizer to avoid any quarantine if I have to return to the UK at short notice.

BCCT will of course not use a mixed vaccination.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

HHTel wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:08 pm Nice to hear that HHH have got vaccinations well organised. However, bearing in mind that the UK have recently announced, rightly or wrongly, that anyone that have been vaccinated with mixed vaccines will be treated as 'unvaccinated' with the necessary quarantine.
My mother is 96. Not that I expect her to go anytime soon, fingers crossed, but should anything happen I would rather be vaccinated AZ/AZ or Pfizer/Pfizer to avoid any quarantine if I have to return to the UK at short notice.

BCCT will of course not use a mixed vaccination.
Hopefully it won’t be necessary but at the moment, the UK only recognises vaccines administered by EU or US countries, so Thailand wouldn’t qualify in any case.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

You're quite right DB. Hopefully that will change. Thailand's AZ vaccine has after all passed all the quality tests in Europe and the US. Pfizer is not made locally so as it's only manufactured in the US, I would guess that it's approved in the UK.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

HHTel wrote:You're quite right DB. Hopefully that will change. Thailand's AZ vaccine has after all passed all the quality tests in Europe and the US. Pfizer is not made locally so as it's only manufactured in the US, I would guess that it's approved in the UK.
Happy to hear great reports from HHH!

But what's the *latest* Intel on efficacy of Sino+Az

Saw some stuff a while back.

But on basis that many forum members have taken this option perhaps they researched very recently??

TIA

Sent from my M2007J20CT using Tapatalk

HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I've spent a while looking for some valid report. There are many that report that the efficacy of SinoVac/AZ is comparable to a double dose of the same vaccine. Unfortunately, every report I've read is produced in Thailand!!
I'd love to see an expert opinion from outside of Thailand.
The World Health Organization said on July 12 that the practice was a dangerous trend since there was little data about the health impact.
The WHO more recently said:
On Aug. 10, the WHO also cautioned against the quick adoption of mixing vaccines in an interim statement. “While these studies are encouraging, they require cautious interpretation given the limited sample sizes and lack of follow up, especially related to safety data, and the uncertain relevance of immunological readouts in relation to clinical impact,”
Basically, evidence is very limited at the moment. Several studies are being done but no conclusion has been reached.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

HHTel wrote:I've spent a while looking for some valid report. There are many that report that the efficacy of SinoVac/AZ is comparable to a double dose of the same vaccine. Unfortunately, every report I've read is produced in Thailand!!
I'd love to see an expert opinion from outside of Thailand.
The World Health Organization said on July 12 that the practice was a dangerous trend since there was little data about the health impact.
The WHO more recently said:
On Aug. 10, the WHO also cautioned against the quick adoption of mixing vaccines in an interim statement. “While these studies are encouraging, they require cautious interpretation given the limited sample sizes and lack of follow up, especially related to safety data, and the uncertain relevance of immunological readouts in relation to clinical impact,”
Basically, evidence is very limited at the moment. Several studies are being done but no conclusion has been reached.
Hmmm, interesting. I feared that may be the case. Many thanks

Sent from my M2007J20CT using Tapatalk

buksida

Post by buksida »

HHTel wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:08 pm However, bearing in mind that the UK have recently announced, rightly or wrongly, that anyone that have been vaccinated with mixed vaccines will be treated as 'unvaccinated' with the necessary quarantine.
The UK isn't the only one and this is precisely why I will refuse Sinovac or any untested Thai cocktail.

https://www.thelocal.no/20210813/uk-cha ... ine-doses/
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

buksida wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:29 am
HHTel wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 9:08 pm However, bearing in mind that the UK have recently announced, rightly or wrongly, that anyone that have been vaccinated with mixed vaccines will be treated as 'unvaccinated' with the necessary quarantine.
The UK isn't the only one and this is precisely why I will refuse Sinovac or any untested Thai cocktail.

https://www.thelocal.no/20210813/uk-cha ... ine-doses/
Can’t open that link - it wants you to pay for membership!!
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I don't understand that. I'm able to open it without problem.

Delete all your cookies. Might work.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson