Vaccines - Covid 19

Temporary sub-forum for all news, updates, developments and discussion on Coronavirus/Covid-19 in Hua Hin, Thailand and globally. Any and all topics on the outbreak will be moved into this forum for ease of information access.

Full time or part time foreign residents of Thailand which vaccine(s) have you or will you receive?

______First__________________
No votes
AstraZeneca
15%
Johnson & Johnson
1%
Moderna
1%
Pfizer
18%
Sinopharm
1%
Sinovac
14%
Other
No votes
______Second________________
No votes
AstraZeneca
25%
Moderna
3%
Pfizer
20%
Sinopharm
1%
Sinovac
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes: 79

Big Boy

Re: Vaccines - Covid 19

Post by Big Boy »

Big Boy wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:39 pm I did find the following link, which does seem to be the way forward i.e. I now know that after tomorrow there are 304 more people before Mrs BB gets to the front of the queue.
https://www.huahinhospital.go.th/check_ ... 0OiY3Grhao
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Thais and their IT Systems
:cuss: :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

I put my temporary ID number given to me when I registered into the system this morning to see if I had a queue number yet. Here is the output:
register.png
register.png (32.81 KiB) Viewed 389 times
Now I'm not sure where I stand i.e. (for the benefit of Tapatalk users, a list does follow):
  • Is it just another crap Thai IT System?
  • Did I queue for no apparent reason? Am I no longer registered?
  • Do I need to confuse the situation and duplicate my registration?
  • If I do nothing, will I ever be called for vaccination?
I thought I was doing what Brits do best - standing in a long queue, patiently waiting for my turn. Now I have no idea what is happening.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
thepalmbistro
Professional
Professional

Post by thepalmbistro »

Hi Big Boy,

I registered on the doctor ready app last week and got a que number of 3864, you can check your id number there, its the big yellow button at the bottom, it will tell weather you are in the system, but only use the Thai page for imputing numbers as it does not work if you google translate to English prior to putting in your ID card.
On the hua hin hospital check list im apparently not registered, i would like to think that the hua hin hospital check will only show those who are ready for vaccination and that when the vaccines are available they update this list. (this is only my opinion).

Hope you get some clarity soon

TPB
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, thank you, but that just takes me around in circles, and I keep coming back to that 'Please Register Again' message. At no point does a queue number come up. However, as I was registered by the hospital, and they printed me an appointment from their system, I know I should be there somewhere. Is it that the MV registration computers still need to be uploaded to the main system. I'll get some friends with a similar printed appointment from MV to put their numbers into the system to see what, if anything comes up.

Points 51; Position 21
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

thepalmbistro wrote:Hi Big Boy,

I registered on the doctor ready app last week and got a que number of 3864, you can check your id number there, its the big yellow button at the bottom, it will tell weather you are in the system, but only use the Thai page for imputing numbers as it does not work if you google translate to English prior to putting in your ID card.
On the hua hin hospital check list im apparently not registered, i would like to think that the hua hin hospital check will only show those who are ready for vaccination and that when the vaccines are available they update this list. (this is only my opinion).

Hope you get some clarity soon

TPB
I think that your queue number must be for a different queue to the Hua Hin Hospital queue. I registered a month ago in mo phrom and my queue number on the hospital system is 4xxx (can't remember exactly).

This could get confusing.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

hhinner wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:18 am This could get confusing.
Yes, I think every man and dog are creating new apps, one supersedes the other, but there is very little comparability between apps. You won't believe how happy I was at Market Village where they were throwing bodies at the problem, and issuing bits of paper. That must have been 2 or maybe 3 weeks ago. How many apps have there been since then? I can think of 3.

Just to make things worse, I tried going into the doctor ready app as suggested by thepalmbistro. I was instructed to update to the newest app, and it now displays a message that it is not ready to be switched on.

Points 51; Position 21
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Big Boy wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:29 am
hhinner wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:18 am This could get confusing.
Yes, I think every man and dog are creating new apps, one supersedes the other, but there is very little comparability between apps. You won't believe how happy I was at Market Village where they were throwing bodies at the problem, and issuing bits of paper. That must have been 2 or maybe 3 weeks ago. How many apps have there been since then? I can think of 3.

Just to make things worse, I tried going into the doctor ready app as suggested by thepalmbistro. I was instructed to update to the newest app, and it now displays a message that it is not ready to be switched on.
I thought you registered at Blue Port and got a vaccination date and time at HHH for 6 July plus the paper confirmation?
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I registered at MV and got a vaccination date and time at HHH for 6 July plus the paper confirmation? If you look back, you will see photos I posted from MV. However, the 'latest' app is saying:
register.png
register.png (32.81 KiB) Viewed 277 times

Points 51; Position 21
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Big Boy wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:51 am I'll get some friends with a similar printed appointment from MV to put their numbers into the system to see what, if anything comes up.
My friends have the same 'Register Again' message, so I think I'll just sit back and assume it is another classic 'Thai IT System' i.e. unfit for purpose :banghead: :banghead:

OK, I know TIT, but what has happened to quality control? I suppose there's app after app coming off the production line, so no time for testing - it will have been superseded before the trial has ended.

Points 51; Position 21
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

it's all a conspiracy to keep the white devils from being vaccinated then, the authorities can blame said white devils for spreading the virus and order all of us deported but, we can't go anywhere without either being vaccinated or tested so we will spend the rest of our lives on a ship going around in circles because no country will allow us in.

All bank accounts and property will be seized and turned over to the central government to cover the costs of deporting us.

For references, read Man Without A Country.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Oh dear ... looks like doing things 'Thai style' has pissed off most of ASEAN.

AstraZeneca says ‘working’ with SE Asian nations on vaccine deliveries
AstraZeneca says it is working closely with Southeast Asia governments to ensure its Covid-19 vaccine is supplied "as quickly as possible", after reported delays in deliveries of orders from a Thai plant.

Malaysia and Taiwan this week became the latest in the region to warn they expected delays in deliveries of AstraZeneca vaccines manufactured in Thailand.

"Distribution to other Southeast Asian countries, including Malaysia, will commence in the coming weeks," the company said in an e-mail to Reuters.

"We are working closely with each of the relevant governments to supply our Covid-19 vaccine as quickly as possible," the AstraZeneca statement said.

It did not respond further to questions on the Nonthaburi plant's current and anticipated future production levels.

AstraZeneca's distribution plans in Southeast Asia depend on 200 million doses made by Siam Bioscience, a company that is making vaccines for the first time.

Siam Bioscience in January said it had an estimated production capacity of 200 million doses per year, an average of 15-20 million doses per month.

The Thai company and AstraZeneca have not revealed total production goals nor commented on whether the plant has missed its targets.

Malaysia had been due to receive 610,000 doses from Thailand in June and 1.6 million later this year, but its Science Minister Khairy Jamaluddin said on Wednesday "we are expecting some delay."

The first delivery to the Philippines, which was promised 17 million doses, was reduced and postponed by several weeks, a Philippine presidential adviser said last week.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... deliveries

I wonder if AZ regrets picking Thailand for its base of operations in the region. :idea:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Re: Thailand tourist slump continues

Post by handdrummer »

The employers, in Bangkok, of my daughters, mandated that they get vaccinated and appointments were made for them. The eldest, 35, had her shot Monday and that night had chills, fever, headache and soreness in her arm. She took 2 Tylenol and was finally able to sleep. By Wed. she felt almost normal. The youngest, 25, had her shot this afternoon and so far has had no reactions. She said she didn't even feel the needle.

This should probably go under vaccines. Sorry.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

"I wonder if AZ regrets picking Thailand for its base of operations in the region." :idea:

Nah, money's the same.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

More to the point, there are questions on picking Siam Bioscience, a small company with zero experience in vaccines and 'privately owned!'
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

HHTel wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:27 pm More to the point, there are questions on picking Siam Bioscience, a small company with zero experience in vaccines and 'privately owned!'
The questions will never be answered by that private company or anyone else who cares to remain out of prison.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

:thumb: Correct, unfortunately.