Vaccines - Covid 19

Temporary sub-forum for all news, updates, developments and discussion on Coronavirus/Covid-19 in Hua Hin, Thailand and globally. Any and all topics on the outbreak will be moved into this forum for ease of information access.

Full time or part time foreign residents of Thailand which vaccine(s) have you or will you receive?

______First__________________
No votes
AstraZeneca
15%
Johnson & Johnson
1%
Moderna
1%
Pfizer
18%
Sinopharm
1%
Sinovac
14%
Other
No votes
______Second________________
No votes
AstraZeneca
25%
Moderna
3%
Pfizer
20%
Sinopharm
1%
Sinovac
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes: 79

Big Boy

Re: Vaccines - Covid 19

Post by Big Boy »

Actually, the number of vaccines they were talking about procuring would have probably given everybody 3 doses, but unfortunately the operative word is talking.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

COVID-19 Immunity Could Last for Years, Studies Say

May 28, 2021 -- Immunity to the novel coronavirus could last for a year — and possibly longer — particularly after COVID-19 vaccination.

Two recent studies indicate that most people who contracted COVID-19, recovered and then got vaccinated later may not need a booster shot, according to The New York Times. Those who were never infected and then got vaccinated may need a booster shot later, the newspaper reported.
So the best plan is - contract Covid, recover, then get vaccinated. The way Thailand is progressing, that could happen by default!!

https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid-19 ... tudies-say
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Vaccination announcement by Hua Hin Hospital.
195377050_4239272189437354_2563873795840736464_n.jpg
195377050_4239272189437354_2563873795840736464_n.jpg (82.82 KiB) Viewed 568 times
Google translation
IMG_20210604_150139.jpg
IMG_20210604_150139.jpg (223.91 KiB) Viewed 568 times
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Great - I don’t use facebook so can only hope that this information will be in general circulation by others!!
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Dannie Boy wrote:Great - I don’t use facebook so can only hope that this information will be in general circulation by others!!
That's an open Facebook page. No sign-in required. It is in Thai though.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

hhinner wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:58 pm
Dannie Boy wrote:Great - I don’t use facebook so can only hope that this information will be in general circulation by others!!

If you use google, google translate can probably give you enough info to answer your questions. Google translate is ok with numbers, days of the week, etc.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

handdrummer wrote:
hhinner wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:58 pm

If you use google, google translate can probably give you enough info to answer your questions. Google translate is ok with numbers, days of the week, etc.
I’ll ask my wife to check a couple of days before my jab is due, but I’m sure there will be lots of info circulating on the Forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Dannie Boy wrote:
handdrummer wrote:
hhinner wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:58 pm That's an open Facebook page. No sign-in required. It is in Thai though.

I’ll ask my wife to check a couple of days before my jab is due, but I’m sure there will be lots of info circulating on the Forum

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think it's unlikely your jab will be on the currently appointed date. Hua Hin was supposed to have 5 full days of vaccinations next week, now they have only one. Depending on vaccine deliveries the remaining 4 days of appointments will probably be into July before they're done, which will mean the July ones will also be delayed. Almost certainly those July appointments will stretch out into August.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

As you’ve inferred, it’s going to be an ever-changing scenario, but I’m sure they’ll be plenty of updates on the Forum regarding the rollout of vaccines - the bottom line for all of us is, don’t hold your breath!!
centermid7
Banned
Banned

Post by centermid7 »

China's COVID-19 vaccines don't appear to be effective at preventing outbreaks in the real world

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/20 ... m-vaccine/
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Coronavirus (Covid-19) News

Post by HHTel »

Big Boy wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:19 pm My granddaughter is a 4th year nursing student, called back to Uni early last week to get vaccinated herself to enable her to be part of the vaccination teams (something I personally disagree with - she's a 4th year student and should be learning how to care for people, not sticking needles in people's arms. It does not take 3 years at university to learn that - I know several people in the UK who have been doing that job with minimal training).

She has been confined to quarters for a week now. Why? No vaccine available to vaccinate her. Did they really not know this before dragging her back to Bangkok?
My daughter said that apart from nurses in training and coming out of retirement, there are thousands of volunteers giving vaccinations in the UK.
She tells me that she doesn't have to go to the clinic for her depo injection anymore. Just get a prescription and give yourself the injection. Her training: Youtube!
It can't be that difficult!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

The good news is she will get her own vaccine on Monday, so will be allowed out of her prison cell.

The bad news is she will be wasting 2 months of her training, vaccinating people in a shopping mall in Thonburi.

The icing on the cake........... this student with absolutely no income, has to pay her own transport to and from Thonburi daily for 2 months.

Points 51; Position 21
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Re: Coronavirus (Covid-19) News

Post by dtaai-maai »

HHTel wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:20 pm My daughter said that apart from nurses in training and coming out of retirement, there are thousands of volunteers giving vaccinations in the UK.
That would surprise me. I know there are thousands of volunteers working in support roles, but actually giving the vaccinations? It's the first I've heard of it. It does appear to be an extremely straightforward process, but both of my jabs were administered by a doctor.

I've looked (briefly) online for any news of this, and all I've found are some articles from last November about the possibility of St John Ambulance and similar organisations training non-medical volunteers (see links below), but I can't find anything since then to suggest it's actually happening.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/1 ... l-trained/
https://www.standard.co.uk/news/health/ ... 72014.html

Having said that, it wouldn't bother me if I knew that the training was comprehensive - it's an intramuscular injection, which means you don't have to fiddle around finding veins, just shove the needle in and push! :laugh:

EDIT: Here is one from January about people being trained:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-55721798
This is the way
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I know 2 'non-medical' people who were actually giving injections, or at least, that is what they were telling me. Actually, their vaccination centres have recently closed, having returned back to normal usage.

Points 51; Position 21
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

This seems to be an authoritative comment taken from the NHS website.

Update on the NHS COVID-19 vaccine team

The NHS was the first health system in the world to roll out a clinically-approved, safe and effective vaccine in December 2020, and since then we have been working to deliver it to those who would benefit, through more than 1,600 individual vaccination services.

We are grateful to the tens of thousands who applied and trained for a paid or voluntary role as part of this programme, thousands of whom have already started playing their part.

Thanks to them, and the many existing NHS staff who have trained to deliver vaccines or perform other important roles, the NHS has had enough people to deliver vaccines as quickly as supplies allow.

As a result of this successful recruitment and planning, we have now asked our national partners – NHS Professionals, St John Ambulance and NHS Volunteer Responders (NHSVR) – to suspend all recruitment for vaccination site roles.

We will reopen recruitment should the NHS vaccination programme require additional roles in the future.

More details here

https://www.bma.org.uk/advice-and-suppo ... -workforce