Marriage visa extension, change to retirement.

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Marriage visa extension, change to retirement.

Post by huahin4ever »

I am extending my marriage visa yearly and start to get tired of all the paperwork and the 30 days waiting after all the documents are handed over to the Immigration. My extension is again due this year prior April 3. I will be 50 years old in May. Can I ask for changing my extension to be based on retirement or must I actually wait until after my birthday/next year?

I'm aware of the different money requirements and those are no issues for me.

YNWA

YNWA
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Marriage visa extension, change to retirement.

Post by Dannie Boy »

huahin4ever wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:10 am I am extending my marriage visa yearly and start to get tired of all the paperwork and the 30 days waiting after all the documents are handed over to the Immigration. My extension is again due this year prior April 3. I will be 50 years old in May. Can I ask for changing my extension to be based on retirement or must I actually wait until after my birthday/next year?

I'm aware of the different money requirements and those are no issues for me.

YNWA
Knowing how Thais are very strict when it comes to rule implementing, I’d be amazed if they allow you to transfer to a retirement visa until you’ve reached the magic birthday - you can but try though!!
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Marriage visa extension, change to retirement.

Post by HHTel »

They may bend the rules in this case. They don't like extensions based on marriage any more than you do and for the same reasons. Paperwork and having to liaise with BKK.