Thailand Immigration: TM30 24 hour reporting thread

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
Jim
Guru
Guru

Re: Thailand Immigration: getting tough with guests (TM30 24 hour reporting)

Post by Jim »

So pls can you help here guys?
We are a farang couple with a house in HH. We come twice a year for 2 or 3 weeks. We stay in a hotel in BKK on the first and last nights of each trip. So the hotel goes on the arrival card as our address in Thailand. What do we need to do reporting-wise when we come down the house in HH?
tyvm in advance, Jim.
ดวงขึ้น
จิม
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Depending on where in HH your house is I would suggest calling in at the Imm office in Blueport or the main office in Nong Khon for advice.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Phyton
Professional
Professional

Post by Phyton »

Jim wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:09 pm So pls can you help here guys?
We are a farang couple with a house in HH. We come twice a year for 2 or 3 weeks. We stay in a hotel in BKK on the first and last nights of each trip. So the hotel goes on the arrival card as our address in Thailand. What do we need to do reporting-wise when we come down the house in HH?
tyvm in advance, Jim.
The rules say Yes!
Same as me, i have to use TM28 to report my wife and me at Immigration.
Greets,
Phyton
T.O.M.
Banned
Banned

Post by T.O.M. »

Phyton wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:38 pm
Jim wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:09 pm So pls can you help here guys?
tyvm in advance, Jim.
The rules say Yes!
Same as me, i have to use TM28 to report my wife and me at Immigration.
Do not agree....On such a short stay, you will normally not have anything to do with the local immigration....so my advice will be just ignore it. To cover your backside, put your HH address on your arrival card. Let us take advance of that HH immigration is not very strict with the TM30 nonsense. My feeling is that the local office, just gets irritated when the "oh-so-law-abiding-expats" show up with their TM30 form in their small sweaty hands....
All IMO of course.... :thumb:
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

The main problem is really for non tourists and they will only really get caught out if they do a re-entry permit and not do a TM30 when they come back or if you travel to a hotel somewhere that actually does fill a TM30 out and submits it when you check in, as then you need to do it when you get back home. Many folks get caught out like this and fined when they go to renew their visa extension or whatever. However, many medium to cheaper hotels won't/can't be arsed to fill a TM30 out or are unaware of having to do so ... not to mention it all depends on how anal your local IO is about this as it varies from area to area and lots are not bothered, other than the main ones CW/Phuket/Pattaya etc. If the Thai hotel doesn't do it then no dramas as how would they (immigration) know you traveled. Bet the Chinese and two week tourists from elsewhere are not subject to this as they have very little to do with immigration full stop ... just the usual anti-westerner expat control-freak nonsense we are now getting used to.
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
dundrillin
Guru
Guru

Post by dundrillin »

I have moved to Bangkok for 6 months, I visited the new immigration office in Bangkok and explained to the receptionist that I wished to notify them of my new address explaining at the same time I was not a new arrival and that I have lived in Thailand for several years. She handed me a T28 form and directed me to the ticket counter. I showed the officer the T28 and he gave me ticket number A520. After a wait of 5 and a half hours the officer informed me I had the wrong form and that I should have learned the rules.

The next day I went to the local police station,went to the relevant office and woke up the sleeping policeman eventually. He advised me to report on line. This proved problematic so next day I returned to immigration,filled in my T30. the officer discarded the T28, I paid the 800 baht fine and rejoined normal life. Waiting time4 hours plus 2 hours travel time,again.

I always regarded HuaHin immigration officers as being helpful and friendly Bangkok is something very different.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

dundrillin wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:32 am I have moved to Bangkok for 6 months, I visited the new immigration office in Bangkok and explained to the receptionist that I wished to notify them of my new address explaining at the same time I was not a new arrival and that I have lived in Thailand for several years. She handed me a T28 form and directed me to the ticket counter. I showed the officer the T28 and he gave me ticket number A520. After a wait of 5 and a half hours the officer informed me I had the wrong form and that I should have learned the rules.

The next day I went to the local police station,went to the relevant office and woke up the sleeping policeman eventually. He advised me to report on line. This proved problematic so next day I returned to immigration,filled in my T30. the officer discarded the T28, I paid the 800 baht fine and rejoined normal life. Waiting time4 hours plus 2 hours travel time,again.

I always regarded HuaHin immigration officers as being helpful and friendly Bangkok is something very different.
All absolutely correct, and a message to those that insist on dancing to Immigrations ever changing tune! If you have an address in Hua Hin, or anywhere else for that matter, just continue to use that address for 90 day reporting, or visa extensions, and ignore the rest of their bovine ordure!

Until such time as we are implanted with a tracking device, just how do you think that these idiots know where you are? Thousands of tourists moving about everyday, their lodgings supposedly being reported by hotel / guest house operators, who is checking where each individual is? Yes, it could be done with software, but as just pointed out, most of them can not even give you the correct form! :banghead:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
nil
Professional
Professional

Post by nil »

As far as I’m aware you have to the the 90 report in the same province you are registered at.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

nil wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:24 pm As far as I’m aware you have to the the 90 report in the same province you are registered at.
Not true. When I lived in Korat, I reported once at KK and another time, here in Hua Hin.

However, that was all before this silly reporting nonsense started.
Talk is cheap
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Talk is cheap
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

caller wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:50 pm Japanese expats aren't happy.

https://www.nationthailand.com/your_say ... ay8bSJcBoI
Don't expect it to get better. I expect the yearly visa fee to increase before too long.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Probably 500 Baht for each hoop we successfully jump through, and 800 Baht for each hoop we fail.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
buksida

Post by buksida »

Expat group petitions Thai immigration to abolish TM30 form

A group of expats, representing foreigners living in Thailand for many years, has prepared a petition for affected expats to sign, before they present it to Thai Immigration and government officials. They are requesting changes to the enforcement of the controversial TM30 form.

There is a link to their website at the bottom of the page where you can sign the petition and become involved.

We are a representative group of foreign and Thai people living in Thailand with Thai spouses or partners and Thai children. We work here, contribute to the community and the economy of the country. We love Thailand and do our best to stay compliant with local laws. Recently, the new rules applied at immigration are causing huge problems for the foreigner community and some of whom who have lived here and have caused no problems at all with the Thai authorities ...

At the time of posting there were only 342 signatures but the campaign has yet to gather momentum.

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/expats/ ... -tm30-form

http://reform-thai-immigration.com/
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Be patient with the website. I have heard it's getting more traffic than anticipated and is being upgraded.
Talk is cheap
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Can this TM30 reporting be completed at Bluport, or is it only the main office?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance: