Place for a really good burger

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
caller
Hero
Hero

Re: Place for a really good burger

Post by caller »

StevePIraq wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:04 pmbecause I don't want a burger cooked in a frying pan with really fatty bacon and a sauce poured on top. The potatoes look good and have some nice herbs in it, a good change from fries. If you watch the video it is a basic homemade burger, nothing special.
Fair enough. Personally a good quality home made burger, rather than one bought in, sounds pretty good to me and as I don't do fancy, a bit of salad, cheese and bacon is ideal. I've no idea about the sauce, but I'd skip that as well.

To me, what makes a good burger is just that - the quality of what should be the star of the show.

I'll report back after I have tried it! :thumb:
Talk is cheap
laphanphon
Guru
Guru

Post by laphanphon »

A few thoughts ...
J.J.B. wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:53 am Cornish pasty, the sandwich, the pizza, samosa, roti, etc. etc. Simple food designed to be eaten on the go and on a modest worker’s salary.
Have to agree, a burger is simple, convenience food, served up fast for on the go, maybe pub grub.

Not dining out, and I certainly wouldn't order it, expect at some ma / pa or fast food (BK) place. Burger are one of the last things I go out to eat.

And........no.......I'm sure not paying ฿400 for one. It's a burger.
StevePIraq wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:18 am And Hangtime cook their burgers in a frying pan, who the hell does that. It should be cooked on a BBQ/or griddle.
Also agree, burgers done on a BBQ, for the smokey charcoal flavor, or at least flamed grilled (BK again).

And definitely not a teflon pan on high heat.....good God....do some research. :roll: Cast iron or Stainless Steel.

Giddle = frying pan, without sides ..... :cheers:

Does look like a nice burger though, but ฿400.....no burger, especially plain, is that special.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Everyone to his own. I am not a burger fan because there is too much bread involved. I always take off the top piece of bread, which is usually the thicker and eat it without. A little messy but much better.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

oakdale160 wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:37 am Everyone to his own. I am not a burger fan because there is too much bread involved. I always take off the top piece of bread, which is usually the thicker and eat it without. A little messy but much better.
Yes, I agree. In the west there is a well known, and thought of, chain called in n out, excellent burgers. They have a special, unpublished menu and one item is the burgers "protein" style. Instead of a bun they wrap the burger in lettuce so the cheese and other condiments stay on the burger. Geez describing them really makes me want one!!
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
laphanphon
Guru
Guru

Post by laphanphon »

Might as well just order a Salisbury steak (ground beef steak). Kind of defeats the purpose of ordering a sandwich.

A kin to, a ham & cheese, egg sandwich.....just order standard breakfast on a plate. Why would you order a sandwich, then not eat the bun ?
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

laphanphon wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:10 pm Might as well just order a Salisbury steak (ground beef steak). Kind of defeats the purpose of ordering a sandwich.

A kin to, a ham & cheese, egg sandwich.....just order standard breakfast on a plate. Why would you order a sandwich, then not eat the bun ?
Low carb diet was the main reason when I lived in LA. The other main reason was poor digestive tolerance of wheat.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Homer wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:32 pm
laphanphon wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:10 pm Might as well just order a Salisbury steak (ground beef steak). Kind of defeats the purpose of ordering a sandwich.

Low carb diet was the main reason when I lived in LA. The other main reason was poor digestive tolerance of wheat.
Plus the way it was wrapped you could eat on the run
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

Has anyone tried Bonfire Burger Bar at Seen Space?
http://seenspace.com/huahin/?p=587

YNWA

YNWA
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

huahin4ever wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:37 am Has anyone tried Bonfire Burger Bar at Seen Space?
http://seenspace.com/huahin/?p=587

YNWA
Yes I've tried it and thoroughly recommend it. Thought I'm not a burger connoisseur. I did already mention it earlier in the thread :)
HarryVardon
Professional
Professional

Post by HarryVardon »

I have just been to Indulge restaurant on Soi 94 for a Sunday Roast (very good) and was looking at the menu there. They have an extremely varied selection of burgers (more than 10 varieties) including crocadile, venison & wild boar.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Reminds me, I was in Toronto one time and met with a Thai friend who was doing a two-year fellowship at the U of T.
She and a friend took me for dinner at a Thai restaurant miles from the city center as it was regarded as the most authentic Thai restaurant in the city. The Thai people in the city had a Google group that searched out such places.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Reminds me that the thread is about burgers and I don't even see the word in that post Oakdale.

:offtopic:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Im making the comparison-- Farang in Thailand search for quality Farang food and Thais in the farang world search for Thai food--Same Same
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

oakdale160 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:32 am Im making the comparison-- Farang in Thailand search for quality Farang food and Thais in the farang world search for Thai food--Same Same
Yes I'm sure nobody had ever considered that before...

You could probably make that point in pretty much any thread on this dub-forum and it would still be just as irrelevant
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Indulge looks to have great burger menu and lots of other wonderful grub, will definitely be giving it a try.

[Mod Edit] Reproduction of menus is against Forum T&Cs
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali