Some Bangkok Embassies to stop Certification of Income Letters

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Some Bangkok Embassies to stop Certification of Income Letters

Post by HHTel »

It's always been empty when I've gone in the past, but this morning it was standing room only. I don't know why!
The first two desks were doing 90 day and desk 3 was doing 'other'. I had to wait around 20 mins to be called and after checking my passport, the spiel started. I was at desk 2 and desk 1 was giving the same info. I promise, I never said a word apart from "90 day krap". While she was checking my passport, she came out with the info I've posted.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

HHTel wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:24 pm It's always been empty when I've gone in the past, but this morning it was standing room only. I don't know why!
The first two desks were doing 90 day and desk 3 was doing 'other'. I had to wait around 20 mins to be called and after checking my passport, the spiel started. I was at desk 2 and desk 1 was giving the same info. I promise, I never said a word apart from "90 day krap". While she was checking my passport, she came out with the info I've posted.
I'm not challenging you at all over what was said - maybe by the time I got there, they were fed up with it all!

To be honest, I think the best way forward for this, would be to say, that from x date, all new applicants will have to do x, y and z. Any already here, to be treated as before. In that way, they will gradually get what they want, with less angst.
Talk is cheap
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

To be honest, I think the best way forward for this, would be to say, that from x date, all new applicants will have to do x, y and z. Any already here, to be treated as before. In that way, they will gradually get what they want, with less angst.

No good applying logic in the LOS.
laphanphon
Guru
Guru

Post by laphanphon »

I believe that is what they are doing, and always have. With exception of no longer accepting the affidavit, if embassy isn't going to back it up.

Not really seeing anything different from the past. Along with any IO can ask for any additional info, as has always been the policy.
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

I have just been to HH Immigration for my 90 day and took the opportunity of asking the lady about the annual extension as she mentioned that mine was due in February.
I started by saying that I had heard that HH Immigration did not like doing the marriage type of visa because it was more work as it had to be sent to Bangkok for processing. I told her that whilst I already had the funds in Thailand over 800,000 I still wanted to go the Thai marriage route. She just smiled. I asked her if she had a notice explaining the requirements for applying for a visa extension to support a Thai wife. She went into the computer and studied something for some time and then handed me a document in English explaining all the requirements, but added that it did not state a family photo and I should include this.
I am going to try and attach a scan of this document , if successful it will be below!!
FAILED, Sorry
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Its probably the same document that was posted on this thread and means absolutely squat as they'll pull out a bunch of 'new requirements' on the day you apply.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

I've just returned from Blueport Imm. Unlike yesterday, they weren't volunteering information about the extensions but I asked if they'd received directives from BKK.
The reply I got was as of next year, only 800 K THB in a Thai bank account will do for retirement extensions. The normal 3 months before application.
I said "Therefore, you've done away with the income route". The answer was a resounding "only 800 K".
I then said that as I was married to a Thai, I'd consider changing to a marriage extension, was that possible? The answer was yes.
Of course, the lady at Blueport won't have to deal with any of this as extensions are done at the main office and it'll be up to them what will be required. I appreciate that it will be harder to get the marriage extension but by no means impossible. There are many people living here on them. Just start the process early!!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Difference is, PET's is i English.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

buksida wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:27 am Its probably the same document that was posted on this thread and means absolutely squat as they'll pull out a bunch of 'new requirements' on the day you apply.
Do you know that for a fact because a friend of mine sailed through he told me some months ago ?
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
buksida

Post by buksida »

From personal experience and that of many others I have spoken to, yes a fact. It is a gamble, maybe you will be lucky and get an officer that doesn't want to cause problems, maybe an envelope is needed. Good luck.

:offtopic: Anyway the marriage visa thread is here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=37317
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
laphanphon
Guru
Guru

Post by laphanphon »

I changing Ret to Marriage, 1st week of January, so unless someone post something earlier, I let y'all know. That's 2 months after the 400k deposited.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Will they permit 2 months in Hua Hin? They were insisting on 3, which was different to the regulations.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
Groodman

Post by Groodman »

Does the money for Retirement Extension have to be seasoned when I go to apply for an extension or by the date the old extension runs out.

Example;

I go to Immigration to renew on 14 November, my Extension runs out on 28 November, money is not seasoned fro 3 months until 28 November
buksida

Post by buksida »

Image All posts regarding marriage extensions have been moved to the thread on marriage extensions - this one is about embassies stopping income letters.
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Big Boy wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:02 pm Will they permit 2 months in Hua Hin? They were insisting on 3, which was different to the regulations.
Actually it is 2 months for the first year and thereafter 3 months