Weather in Hua Hin & Thailand

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
Ratsima
Ace
Ace

Re: Weather in Hua Hin & Thailand

Post by Ratsima »

I kind of like this one. I wish I were there….
chaam.jpg
chaam.jpg (47.3 KiB) Viewed 2510 times
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

Typhon NIDA forming as we speak.
nida.jpg
nida.jpg (168.32 KiB) Viewed 2404 times
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

All of these weather pictures are great, but there must be a huge No Entry sign just before Hua Hin - nothing seems to be coming here.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Heavy rain warning Aug 11-17

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general ... -aug-11-17

Heavy to very heavy isolated rain is expected to prevail over the North, Northeast, East and South of Thailand for the next week, the weather office warned on Thursday.

The storms, from Aug 11 to 17, will be brought by southwest monsoon trough lying across Myanmar, the North and Upper Northeast, coupled with the low pressure cell over upper Vietnam, the Meteorological Department said.

Wind waves in the Andaman Sea and the Gulf of Thailand were expected to be 2-4 metres high during that period.
All vessels in the area were advised to proceed with caution, and small boats should stay ashore.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

very heavy rain in Khao Takiab now. Large storm cell.

edit: massive downpour with a heavy electrical storm.
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, it was a good one, but didn't last long enough for me.

Points 51; Position 21
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

Power has been out here since the storm. The storm was intense and very fast moving
ArnoldMur
Novice
Novice

Post by ArnoldMur »

Hopefully everything is going to be fine, my brother with his family just arrived in Thailand yesterday
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

Lovely day today! High cloud, not to hot, breeze. Perfect for being out on the bike looking at all the new developments around.
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Weather warnings and alerts published all over the place today. Below is just one of them. It's been raining steadily here in Rayong since midnight. Pete :cheers:

"Although the rain has slowed down in the past two weeks, pack your umbrella this week or get really soaked as a massive storm is expected to hit Thailand.
According to a warning by Thai Meteorological Department, Thailand is about to be hit with a tropical depression, a low-pressure thunderstorm that is characterized by wind speeds slightly lower than those of a “tropical storm.” The storm is moving in from the South China Sea and will affect Thailand from tomorrow until Thursday, causing widespread thundershowers and torrential rain throughout the North, Northeast, Central and East.
Bangkok is expected to experience thundershowers and isolated heavy rain throughout this week with an average of 80 percent chance of precipitation every day for the next 10 days. The average maximum temperature will be between 30-33 degree Celsius, according to Weather.com"

http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2016/09/12/m ... torms-week
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

:blabla: :blabla: :blabla:

They keep threatening, but it just isn't happening. I've just come back from a lovely couple of hours on Had Sai Noi Beach. A bit overcast, but even that helped make it perfect. Sea was a flat calm - it couldn't have been nicer.

[Edit] I sincerely hope I'm made to eat those words. We drove through Khao Tao on the way home, and the lake there has almost dried up. Huge islands have formed in the middle. We still have a significant drought issue. The lake at Queen Sirikit Gardens is in a similar state.

Points 51; Position 21
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Down here in Bang Saphan it's been pissing down lightly most all afternoon. No accumulation to speak of, but looks to continue for a nice soaking rain
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Over Jomtien this morning. Looks like the Apocalypse! :shock: I also understand Pattaya is underwater (again) this morning. Pete :cheers:
php3zAQAdPM.jpg
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I hope there's a good pipeline from your side to our side of the gulf. Seeing the lake at Khao Tao dried up yesterday hit me hard. Its mid September, so there can't be much rain left for us.

Points 51; Position 21
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Over Jomtien this morning. Looks like the Apocalypse!
Very unusual cloud formation, not common here!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arcus_cloud
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!