Hua Hin Restaurant News

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Re: Hua Hin Restaurant News

Post by JamesWest »

Big Boy wrote:Spotted 2 things while out last night:

1. Something (not sure if restaurant or bar) has opened up on the old La Rumba site.

2. The new food court between 88 and 94 was partially open as I drove past last night. It seemed to be a mix of food outlets with a couple of market stalls thrown in.
yes ,they put the doors on the giant aircraft hanger. :)
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

Nany's on Soi 88 opened a while back where JJ Breakfast & Restaurant was (directions and photo http://bit.ly/1MQTuog)

Western breakfasts. Don't know if a different menu for later. Average food, good service, good value.
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

Station

Good Thai food, western breakfasts. Been 3 times for Thai food, will return for more. Adjacent (south) to the bus station,on Petch between soi 96 and 98.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

I see today they are dismantaling the MEKONG cafe next to MV and also the Not so great American Rib place at McDs
plazais closed too.
sticks

Post by sticks »

There's a new restaurant opened on Soi 88 it used to be a bar called raider88, it's still called raider they do the best BBQ spare ribs in hua hin and theirs lots of other goodies on the menu as well and cheap, ribs with roast potato and veg 160฿
Sticks
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

There are 2 posters in Thai on the outside of Korat Kitchen stating a gold shop owner has bought it to make way for road improvements/widening the road ( I can't remember the exact wording) but it also gives the name of the gold shop owner.

Maybe a co incidence but further up Pattana 2, after the football station but before the turning to the temple, on the right there is a massive house with land the size of a football field, it has a Thai style outdoor gym in it's grounds like at 19 rai, and that apparently is owned by a gold shop owner.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

According to signs on their front doors, Le Bistro has ceased operations. It's sister restaurant, Cafe Crepes, has moved to Mondo Vino on the road that parallels the coast and meets Petch behind the clock tower.
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

That location near Villa market has never worked out for anyone, been a series of good restaurants there over the years and nobody could make it work.
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

facebook drums say new night market on soi 94 open tonight. big party. maybe look inside big building. drums say free beer. drums say 18:00 start. today only.
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

Huge party here at ski 94

Sent from my SM-G360H using Tapatalk
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

Bikinis coyote girls

jumusman
Professional
Professional

Re:

Post by jumusman »

JamesWest wrote:Bikinis coyote girls

Damn it I read this one too late! I love coyote girls in bikinis!
"If there is any religion that could cope with modern scientific needs it would be Buddhism." - Albert Einstein, 1936
jumusman
Professional
Professional

Post by jumusman »

oakdale160 wrote:I see today they are dismantaling the MEKONG cafe next to MV and also the Not so great American Rib place at McDs
plazais closed too.

I never tried the rib place, guess allot of other people didn't try it either! Too bad about MEKONG, I ate their many times and thought they had such a nice menu of Vietnamese and Thai food that you don't usually see at most restaurants. That's a shame.

Does anyone know if MEKONG has moved ?
"If there is any religion that could cope with modern scientific needs it would be Buddhism." - Albert Einstein, 1936
jumusman
Professional
Professional

Post by jumusman »

Pagey wrote:The old La Rumba is now Castaway Restaurant.
Not sure what is going on there. I see people having drinks at a makeshift bar outside every time I drive by but have not seen anybody eating.

Too bad La Rumba closed, there were so many excellent comments on this forum about the place, the food was very good. I have to say I ate their maybe 6 times but now wish I would have gone more. A very unique style you could not find anywhere else in Hua Hin and such nice friendly owners that were always up for a chat!
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Re: Re:

Post by JamesWest »

jumusman wrote:
JamesWest wrote:Bikinis coyote girls

Damn it I read this one too late! I love coyote girls in bikinis!
you want to see a photo? 8)