Tourists murdered on Koh Tao

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Tourists murdered on Koh Tao

Post by Bristolian »

europtimiste wrote:Pls. take in consideration that unsolved crimes exist worldwide even in your home countries and also mine.
This is very true.
However we don't generally see police officers trampling over a crime scene to the extent that we see here, we don't see the police officers making outrageous statements in advance of arrests or other actions (5 minutes of fame).

We certainly don't expect that they make ridiculous claims that the island is not controlled in a mafia like fashion by 3 Island families ( please check internet over the last decade).

We would not expect the army to step in because the police are not doing their job....would we?

We certainly would not expect our police force to target every other race first simply because we don't believe that a fellow countryman could possibly have committed such a heinous crime!

This investigation smells fishy and everyone knows it. Hopefully this will become a test case in the "new way" that we are told Thailand will be run. I hope so, if there is to be any credibility.
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Bristolian wrote:
europtimiste wrote:Pls. take in consideration that unsolved crimes exist worldwide even in your home countries and also mine.
We would not expect the army to step in because the police are not doing their job....would we?

We certainly would not expect our police force to target every other race first simply because we don't believe that a fellow countryman could possibly have committed such a heinous crime!

This investigation smells fishy and everyone knows it. Hopefully this will become a test case in the "new way" that we are told Thailand will be run. I hope so, if there is to be any credibility.
I hope so it's about time Thailand got its act together.
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

A roundup of the latest news articles on the subject"

"Britons' Murder: Police Claim Investigation Hindered By Media"

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.ph ... 6&section=

"Police pin hopes on DNA test results"

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/nationa ... 44162.html

"Investigation into Koh Tao murders seriously flawed"

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/nationa ... 44163.html
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Fascinating!!
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

That is scary :( but likely to be true
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Jack Sprat

Post by Jack Sprat »

Very simple solution to this 'code of silence'......Send in the army, line up the scum families, torture them brutally.
You will have the answer in less than 30 mins.....simple!
Roel
Guru
Guru

Post by Roel »

Very simple solution indeed. Too simple, as people exposed to torture tend to confess to anything you want them to. Therefore an unreliable method of information gathering. Also unethical by the way.
We are all living in 'the good old days' of the future.
heartofmidlothian
Professional
Professional

Post by heartofmidlothian »

Very hard for newcomers or tourists in Thailand to understand how violent Thai men can often get over something trivial. When you spend many years here you see it happen over and over again. You have to stay calm and walk away from these people.
The only way you can hurt these families in Koh Tao is to just not visit. None of them will be found guilty.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

heartofmidlothian wrote:Very hard for newcomers or tourists in Thailand to understand how violent Thai men can often get over something trivial. When you spend many years here you see it happen over and over again.
While I'm not doubting your word, this has not been my experience. I saw it frequently enough in London, but I've been here for 11 years and never seen it happen. I suppose it depends where you spend your time.
This is the way
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

^^ Beaches, bars, back streets for sure and not always Thai men. I've seen Thai women go berserk over something very simple in Petcha main road, Binta, soi 80, the night market and inside the shopping mall.

Yesterdays mid-day performance up and down soi 80 produced quite a crowd. One could have sold tickets :)
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

dtaai-maai wrote:I suppose it depends where you spend your time.
I guess this must be true. I've only lived here for 2.5 years, but have been a regular visitor for over 25 years. I've been thinking about this, and the only time I can remember seeing a Thai go beserk was after he had knocked somebody off their motorcycle - that transformation was like something out of the Incredible Hulk.

I must admit, I always presumed the usual MO for a Thai man was to lose face in front of everybody, and gain revenge from behind when nobody was looking.........later.

I've obviously lived a sheltered life.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Yet another twist, though this one is vague, to say the least...

"Key witness says foreigner kills British tourists"

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/key-wi ... -tourists/
This is the way
heartofmidlothian
Professional
Professional

Post by heartofmidlothian »

I am only comparing Hua Hin with Edinburgh in Scotland. No dtaai maai, I dont hang out in dangerous places, just been living in Hua Hin for 20 years. There are definitely more shootings here but most of them dont make the news and most of them are Thais against Thais. I have never lived in London.
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

I am sure this Scott McAnna is involved in this crime. Did police take his DNA ? He accused Thais, but this is a cover up, Why did they let him leave Thailand ??????