Raw Honey.... real honey 100% natural. Where can I Buy?

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Deuce
Rookie
Rookie

Raw Honey.... real honey 100% natural. Where can I Buy?

Post by Deuce »

Does anyone have a connection where to buy real 100% honey? Not the fake filtered honey from big shopping store. Not the fake Chinese honey that is cut with sugar water or corn syrup. The real deal.

Thanks
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Raw Honey.... real honey 100% natural. Where can I Buy?

Post by richard »

On the street. Soi 80 and Petcha. There is a guy selling pure honeycomb honey at between 100 and 200 bht depending on who you are (Thai/resident expat/tourist). It is genuine as I've eaten some of his chunks of comb and also tested it's validity in terms of excluding added sugar
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Deuce
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Deuce »

Than you... I will check into it. Do you happen to have a phone number for him?
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Deuce wrote:Than you... I will check into it. Do you happen to have a phone number for him?
He's a vendor so unpredictable
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Arlo
Professional
Professional

Post by Arlo »

I think this has been covered here before. Golden Place next to the palace has it. They also have a good blind massage behind the shop. That's the good news. The bad is you have to be careful about the street honey. My Thai wife says that, its often sold on the streets as pure but it is really not pure. Even if they have honeycombs hanging out in the bottles. If you know someone that can get you the good stuff, that is great if not I would buy from the Golden Place.
Hobiecat
Professional
Professional

Post by Hobiecat »

In my travels some of the purest most unrefined honey would come from Yemen. Not exactly SE Asia but that's where you can find it and it's quality is second to none.
Why is it called 'after dark' when it really is 'after light'?
eatuae

Post by eatuae »

You can buy real honey in the new Market under market Village where the car park was
Small stall selling thier home made honey and other bee products
It's excellent
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

My wife prefers the honey from the OTOP shop at the tessabaan crossroads. Won't touch the stuff on supermarket shelves.
eatuae

Post by eatuae »

I Agee but this little stall is good all the way from Chang mai I think
full of literature about pollen royal belly and honey products
hot cheap but excellent
Ellinas2008
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Ellinas2008 »

eatuae wrote:I Agee but this little stall is good all the way from Chang mai I think
hot cheap but excellent
I second that place but its not a stall, its a small shop called Honey World. Its in the new market town in the basement of Market Village. My favorite food item there is honey mixed with ginger. Sweet from the honey and spicy from the ginger :wink: Also the honey-vinegar bottle is excellent, I have not seen this stuff anywhere else.
I would be careful when buying raw honey from someone on the street. Honey could be full of bacteria etc, you just dont know enough about their cleanliness standards.
Ginjaninja
Ace
Ace

Post by Ginjaninja »

you want to track this cheeky chappy floating around.....
8)
GN.
Attachments
No money, no honey.jpg
No money, no honey.jpg (57.64 KiB) Viewed 1749 times
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

From the corner of our garden yesterday (the bees weren't too pleased)
20140330075543.jpg
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Ellinas2008 wrote:
eatuae wrote:I Agee but this little stall is good all the way from Chang mai I think
hot cheap but excellent
I second that place but its not a stall, its a small shop called Honey World. Its in the new market town in the basement of Market Village. My favorite food item there is honey mixed with ginger. Sweet from the honey and spicy from the ginger :wink: Also the honey-vinegar bottle is excellent, I have not seen this stuff anywhere else.
I would be careful when buying raw honey from someone on the street. Honey could be full of bacteria etc, you just dont know enough about their cleanliness standards.
Agree 100% there! we bought a couple of bottles from a guy on a bike about 6 months ago and whilst the first one was fine, when we opened the second bottle it was rancid and had to be thrown away.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

How does that happen? Time and time again I've read and heard that honey never spoils. So much so it's the one food that people may discover from our civilization thousands of years from now. I actually think they have some honey from a Pharaoh's tomb that's still good. :shock: Pete
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
deepee
Guru
Guru

Post by deepee »

Suspect it's not 100% pure honey and the messing around with it has caused it too go off Pete. For a start I bet it has been bulked out with unboiled local tap water . My experience is that any good honey starts to darken and candy over time and then crystallizes.
Complexity is so simply overrated