benson and hedges special filter cigarettes (gold packet)

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
wilf
Amateur
Amateur

benson and hedges special filter cigarettes (gold packet)

Post by wilf »

Hi Guys and Girls

Does anyone know where I can buy these in Hua Hin or Bangkok.
They used to sell in 7-11 but not anymore!

thanks

Wilf
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Re: benson and hedges special filter cigarettes (gold packet

Post by Bristolian »

B&H are not sold in Thailand any longer, except at duty free shops at airports etc. BAT, the manufacturers, pulled out of Thailand some years ago when the Thai government were looking at tax irregularities of cigarettes, imported by the BAT distributor from the Philippines.
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Post by Gregjam »

First thought: Perhaps a message from on high that it is time to quit
Second thought: Do B&H "taste" that different from other brands.

I gave up many years ago and am not anti smoking although avoid excessively smoky bars etc. The smell of cigarette smoke makes the wife feel ill which also results in avoiding smoky places.

Realistically, you will be able to smoke another brand. I work on a ship where the choice is Marlboro Red/light, 555 or Chinese Double Happiness brand (very cheap at less than US$10 a carton) or YUXI (very expensive Chinese at US$ 32 a carton). Marlboro light seem popular with non Chinese and Double Happiness the most popular (probably equivalent to Krong Thip).

It is a bit like beer really, no such thing as bad beer, just that some brands are better than others and when needs must.....

But it is worth saying that if nothing else but B&H is acceptable then perhaps nothing will be better for you.
wilf
Amateur
Amateur

Post by wilf »

Thanks for replys looks like I will have change brand or give up!!!

Cheers