Whats up with the breakfast scene here? Any suggestions?

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
max51

Re: Whats up with the breakfast scene here? Any suggestions?

Post by max51 »

Is there anywhere around central HH that does a good Eggs Benedict?
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Probably the Hilton or Centara....
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Ulli
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Ulli »

The Baguette. Is nice. On the weekends just to many people and not relaxing.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

From one extreme to the other. The Egg McMuffin, McDs huge B'fast suceess was invented in a McDs franchise in California, the owner was trying to do an Eggs Benedict look alike. In the early version he even did a Hollamdaise sauce but that proved too messy. I am not a big Mcds fan, but thier breakfasts are OK especially when you are traveling
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

There is nowhere where you can get an Eggs Benedict in HH as nowhere can you get an English muffin
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

I guess that you haven't tried the eggs Benedict at Buffalo Bills then.....

Just because you can't get them on Soi 80 doesn't mean that they are not available at any of the high end hotels in town :banghead:
Last edited by sateeb on Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Yes. Moons ago but not real English muffins then
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Not sure what English muffins has to do with the poster asking where he can get Eggs B in Hua Hin.

Here are the places that serve EB in HH

Centara

Hilton

Devasom Spa

Anantara

Sea Cret

Dusit

etc etc etc

― George Carlin
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Google and ye shall learn
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Never had eggs benedict, but after looking it up I'll definitely give it a try when I can!! :munch:
This is the way
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

richard wrote:Google and ye shall learn
Whatever Richard, but every 5 star establishment I have stayed at offer Eggs Benedict as a matter of course so making a sweeping statement that the dish is not available in HH is so wide of the mark. You carry on searching for a good ole English barm cake son..........

― George Carlin
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

dtaai-maai wrote:Never had eggs benedict, but after looking it up I'll definitely give it a try when I can!! :munch:
Had it when I was staying in China World Summit wing,Beijing last year...was ok but nothing to get all excited about, maybe if it had been served topped off with a Bury black pudding and a mug of steaming Yorkshire tea would have enhanced the culinary experience :cheers: :cheers:

― George Carlin
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

oakdale160 wrote:From one extreme to the other. The Egg McMuffin, McDs huge B'fast suceess was invented in a McDs franchise in California, the owner was trying to do an Eggs Benedict look alike. In the early version he even did a Hollamdaise sauce but that proved too messy. I am not a big Mcds fan, but thier breakfasts are OK especially when you are traveling
I just wish they'd bring the McBacon Sandwich to Thailand....

and bbq sauce at Subway too, please! :)
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

McBacon sandwich, is that in the UK?
I do like their efforts to add local products .In the Atlantic Provinces of Canada (Trivia quiz, Name the 4 of them) Mcds serve Lobster rolls in the summer.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Pleng wrote:
oakdale160 wrote:I just wish they'd bring the McBacon Sandwich to Thailand....
You mean roll? Yup, its okay.

On the other hand, you can get a sausage mcmuffin (without egg) here which they strangely dropped in the UK yonks ago.
Talk is cheap