locknut for black & decker grinder

Questions for the residents, services, suppliers, shops and businesses, get quick answers from the people that live here.
AhFarangJa

locknut for black & decker grinder

Post by AhFarangJa »

Hi All,
I know this may seem a little bizarre, but I am stone cladding a wall around the pool, and I have discovered my Black & Decker hand grinder for trimming the stones has the wheel lock nut missing, :( can I find one anywhere.....No... :banghead:
Does anyone know of a place in HH where I may purchase one, tried Thaiwanadu and my local hardware shop on soi 88.
Any places people may know would be gratefully appreciated,
Many thanks :cheers: :bow:
A game of bridge is like sex, if you don't have a good partner you'd better have a good hand.
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Re: locknut for black & decker grinder

Post by Pagey »

I would have suggested the 2 hardware/Aladdins Cave shops opposite each other on the soi with the small market that dissects the two soi 88's but maybe that is where you tried ? Good luck. :(
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
AhFarangJa

Post by AhFarangJa »

Hi Pagey,
Not sure where you are talking about, I looked in the shop up soi 88 after railway line turn right past minifarm restaurant and is about 500 yards on right.
A game of bridge is like sex, if you don't have a good partner you'd better have a good hand.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Pagey means go between the 2 7-11s to the top of the hill. There's a shop on the right just before the left hand bend. There's a side-road going to the little market - the shop is either side of that side-road.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
Diavel
Novice
Novice

Post by Diavel »

Are you talking about the M14 threaded disc that goes on the spindle? If so could you just use a M14 nut and washer until you can find a proper replacement. M14 nut will be easier to find.
Farang
Ace
Ace

Post by Farang »

Treasure troves of all things hardware are at 1 and 2.

In similar situation I have made a temporary (ended up being permanent)
lock-nut of regular nut sawing it in half and grinding it so thin that it did
not protrude from the disk surface level.

"There's no plausible or convincing reason, certainly no evidential one, to believe that there is such an entity (= deity) and that all observable phenomena, including the cosmological ones... are explicable without the hypothesis; you don't need the assumption."
AhFarangJa

Post by AhFarangJa »

Thank you for your help guys, :thumb: :thanks: will go up there this morning after the obligatory fat burning walk and swim. :violin:
Good suggestion ref standard nut but i think it is a strange thread, maybe unc or something. But I am bound to find a solution in the shops you suggest...tally ho!! :cheers:
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Another good bet would be the "find anything" shop on the Klong Road, a short distance past the traffic lights heading north. You can't miss it, and they usually have what you're looking for so long as you ask one of the guys working there in the hardware section.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
AhFarangJa

Post by AhFarangJa »

Afternoon all,
Now you are going to love this one!!! :laugh:
Tried Aladdins cave this morning, as suggested by your good selves, but to be honest they did not seem too keen to help, very busy with people buying miles of pipework, no worries, appreciate the recommend and have learnt a little more. :thumb: So went on my merry way, different things to do, then , later in the day on the way back the missus said "lets go in the first shop we tried two days ago", ( the shop up soi 88 a little from the market turning opposite 1 sport entertainment, has the Berger paint sign outside) so we just walk around to look for a nut, this we did for about two minutes.... :roll: then the checkout guy ( a different one from the other day I might add) asked if he could help, she showed him the offending machine, and guess what........he pulled a box from under the counter full of nuts and backing plates wrapped in plastic.....oh yes, we have s%£tloads of them!!!! ( my translation!!) he said, 120 Baht each. :banghead: :banghead: So after driving all round HH they were in the first place we looked all along!!! :banghead:
Can only happen in Thailand!! but a happy ending, and another funny anecdote to add to the repertoire.
Going to have a beer to celebrate, and start the wall again in the morning....it is Sunday after all.. :cheers: :cheers: .but seriously... thanks to all the posters in the community who always seem to pull together no matter how trivial the problem... :cheers: :thumb:
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

As is often said on other threads, it's great to have a happy ending!!
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Btw, what sort of stones are you using for the cladding? Where do you get them, and what is the cost?

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
AhFarangJa

Post by AhFarangJa »

Hi Takiap,
the stones are the moulded type i believe, about 6 x 3 inch and 5/8 inch thick.
I found them in a shop about half a kilometre past the airport tunnel on the way to cha am. Cannot remember name of shop as we bought them on our last visit in April, but it has a wide frontage with narrow parking along front and they sell all sorts of building items such as kitchens, pipes, paint, doors etc. Again, regards cost I cannot find receipt but they worked out about 350 Baht a square metre. Hope this helps, and I should be going past there tomorrow so will check out the name again. We saw the cladding on pallets in the front as we drove past one day. :)
AhFarangJa

Post by AhFarangJa »

Hi Takiap,
Just been back to the shop, it is called Grand Tile. On the left hand side after the airport tunnel going to Cha-Am, After the road bends to the right you will see it. Not sure if it is the kind of stone you are looking for, but they have a selection inside past the pay counter. The ones I used were 100mm x 200mm with a sandstone effect and cost 4 Baht each which equates too ( using fingers and toes) 200 Baht a square metre ( who needs calculators when you have an abacus!!) :thumb:
Hope I helped,
Regards