Launch of Issan AIr

This is the free for all area, live and unleashed, say what you like!
chelsea
Ace
Ace

Launch of Issan AIr

Post by chelsea »

This may make interesting reading to some of you who regularly around Thailand and beyond.
http://isaanair.com/
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Last edited by chelsea on Thu Aug 17, 2006 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Always Borrow Money from a Pesimist. "They Never Expect it Back"
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Whoever dreamed that up as WAY too much time on his/her hands. :laugh: Pete
Jim
Guru
Guru

Post by Jim »

brilliant. someone has far too much time on their hands.
ดวงขึ้น
จิม
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

I believe this is a serious enterprise. I was living in Isan aboiut six years ago and was invited toa testing ground for an new type of low cost passenger craft. Picture of test flight below.

How it works is that very largore peices of bamboo are filled with jet propullsion materials and the passengers are strapped to the base just out of reach of the exhaust. Two of the passengers have ropes attached to basic ailerons to give them some sort of way of controlling the aircraft.

When the passengers are close to landing they can use the parachutes provided anf the remains of the rocket fall to earth.

These state of the art passenger craft cane take you from Udon Thani all the way to Nong Khai in just a few minutes with a better than 50 KM accuracy. The remainder of the journey can be done by Buffalo or if you are lucky a farmers manure truck might be available and only cost 250baht per person plus any additional charge made by farmers or Buffalo herdsmen.
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

That last bit from Guess made me giggle.
As I've posted elsewhere, when we get back to LOS on Oct 6th, I think we may well find that the manure truck will be the best alternative for us to get from the new airport to BKK :shock:
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

Manure truck? It may very well turn out that way.

Maybe I should contact some 'Rot kwien' (aka bullock carts) operators from the provinces to go the scenic route (aka service access roads running beside the outer ring road). Might even be faster.

Truth be told, I'd rather drive through Bangkok than the Outer Ring Road as it will be twice as fast to get from the New airport to Rangsit.

The new airport location is already a disaster area as far as traffic is concerned without having the added burden of having the flow off Vipawadee Ransit Road diverted this way.

The Pattaya-Chonburi highway (7) is already jammed by seven in the morning.
The Bangna-Trad Highway (34) is not much different.
The road going to Wat Kingkaew is full of eighteen wheel trailer trucks, and there is no restriction as far as time is concerned (unlike Bangkok proper where trucks are banned during certain times of the day), so it's a really heavy flow ALL the time. :cuss:

It's on the fringe of the major industrial area, so roads are particularly bad, and when the outer ring road is finally completed so it goes across the river around Samutprakan, I predict total gridlock. :roll:

Everyone in the office are putting off non-essential travel during the opening period.. :cry:

IMO they should have just let the budget airline operators move there first; it's closer to Pattaya, and I seriously doubt that business or first class passengers on major airlines really have Pattaya in their sights.. :twisted: :mrgreen:

Be warned.
วินเชนท์
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Sounds worse than I thought.
At least I know where I'm going and about how long it'll take to get there, on Sept 8th.
I'll "worry" about the return trip later.