A few important considerations re: feeding infants/children

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Re: A few important considerations re: feeding infants/child

Post by BaaBaa. »

MURF wrote:Maybe I am wrong on this one-but the thais do not feed infants in general on Thai spicy food,they start them on liquids-jok then move them to solids-fried/plain rice with meat etc.
Sounds about right. My little lad is nearly two and a half and eats Jok, Gaeng Jued, Fried Rice, Fish etc. Nothing spicy as yet. He loves fruit, normal peoples vegetables/salad and Thai vegetables/salad (aka twigs and foliage) which is a bonus.
MURF

Post by MURF »

S.G. a quick fix
-once a week buy fresh veg with the highesh nu.values. Braise it slowly with no seasoning,,blend it all up with the vitamin packed cooking water.Them season it with fresh vit.c juice to your taste .Chill some and freeze some-the perfect breakfast.
MURF

Post by MURF »

Bb.
My 3 y.o.fav.is sausage man-falang(with peas,carrots) and that 30 b rice & braised pork after the checkout in tesco lotas.
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

MURF wrote:the perfect breakfast.
I'd prefer a fry up at your place to be honest. Image
MURF

Post by MURF »

Hehe :troll:
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

To be honest, I have a cooked breakfast in the hotel every morning, but I do spend the day climbing over large airplanes and I do a few kilometers on the bicycle every day and go swimming quite a bit, so the calories are no problem, I just need a good source of vitamins.
I don't have access to a kitchen here, I just need something I can buy and eat!
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

Tablets?
MURF

Post by MURF »

The hotels got a kitchen get them to do it,,,it''''''s pure capitalV,much better them you will ever buyin a shop.I have never eaten good healty food 3greens and all that,,,,,every weekend my staff keep the water from cooking the veg 4 me and my son and I have never felt better.
MrPlum
Banned
Banned

Post by MrPlum »

STEVE G wrote:I don't have access to a kitchen here, I just need something I can buy and eat!
I sympathize with you, Steve. When I travelled through Europe I found it hard to find good food. It got better in places like France where you can stay in Gites, or Eastern Europe where cheap eateries provide nourishing bone soups and stews. Access to good food is one of the main reasons I like Thailand.
MorSage wrote:Cosidering traditional Thai cuisine is among the healthiest on the planet the climate is great and lifestyle not to hard, WTF is really going on here.
I asked my g/f her opinion as to what is causing cancer among the Thais. She blames barbecuing pork and foods fried in rancid oils in the markets and street stalls. Thais seem very susceptible to marketing. The cheap Canola oils in Tesco are nasty. There is a direct correlation between the introduction of refined oils into developing nations and the increase in heart disease and cancers.

No-one's under any compulsion in our home, they eat what they want except for soft drinks. BANNED. No exceptions. When I noted our youngster was forever getting colds, I advised her to stop eating fried food and drinking iced water when eating. She listened. Now she's fine. Unlike many of her school chums she's as thin as a rail with boundless energy.

A couple of years ago on here, I posted a chart showing that Thais had the least amount of breast cancer in the world in the 60s. Now, you can find all kinds of chemicals in breast milk. There must be differences between urban and city Thais and between Thais who still munch the raw leaves and those that have discovered Pizza. You only have to look at the schoolchildren to see they are getting more and more obese. Schools are issuing UHT milk in an effort to nourish them. Not sure it's that healthy but at least they are thinking about it.

With agro-giants dominating the food we eat, there's no escaping pesticides. The liver should detox this but the amount of chemicals in modern countries is a new phenomenon and the assault on our systems grows daily. If we stop exercising or suffer constipation, the body finds it harder to excrete toxins and toxicity builds up in the body.

Here's an interesting chart on world breast cancer rates. It's a bit old but I post it because it shows a clear difference between Khon Kaen and Bangkok.

One observation I have with people who detox is to watch their tongues. If you've never done it before, the likelihood is your tongue will be heavily coated (if not already) within 3 days and it can take 2 weeks or more of juice fasting before it starts to look pink and healthy first thing in the morning. Alongside that people get skin eruptions, body odour and their colons are still chucking out fecal waste after two weeks of 'flushing'. Another check is for acid wastes. As long as urine PH remains low the body is excreting acid wastes. According to naturopathic belief, acidosis is the main cause of cancer. Why? Because cancers grow in an acid environment but do not grow in an alkali one. Our bodies are meant to have a PH of about 7.35. Meat-based diets are acid-forming, as are grains and dairy. Without the greens, the body is likely to be more acidic. The body does it's best to maintain homeostasis for instance by taking calcium from our bones to neutralize acids. There are those who believe acidosis is a myth but they never provide a compelling argument. You can test saliva and urine PH and see for yourself.

What else grows in an acid environment? Fungi and parasites. One Italian oncologist, Simoncini, has broken ranks and states that in every tumour he has ever seen, Candida is present. He has a baking soda protocol that is as cheap as chips to kill the fungus and thereby the cancer. He's a marked man for his heresy. His view may be controversial but it makes sense to me. With the excessive use of antibiotics, our gut flora (immune system) is compromised. When Candida, which isn't killed by the medical 'pesticide', overgrows, it then creates a systemic problem and cancer can appear anywhere. It may not be the only cause but it's certainly significant.

Nutrition isn't the only factor we need take account of. Stress, improper eating and bowel habits and a lack of exercise all play a part.

These days, even though it's a challenge, we really do need to take care of our inner, as well as outer, 'soil'.
MorSage

Post by MorSage »

Mr Plum, how about we start another thread about detoxification / liver detoxification, so as not to muddy this one intended to help children that I contributed to by my comments on Thai life-expectancy.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

There must be differences between urban and city Thais and between Thais who still munch the raw leaves and those that have discovered Pizza. You only have to look at the schoolchildren to see they are getting more and more obese. Schools are issuing UHT milk in an effort to nourish them. Not sure it's that healthy but at least they are thinking about it.
What is a bit sad is that children in the villages in rural Thailand are being bombarded with TV advertising for Western junk food from Mcdonalds, KFC and Pizza Hut and are starting to think that this stuff is worth eating.
At the moment they don't have access to it on a regular enough basis for it to do any harm, but it's not a good sign for the future.
It's a pity because the sort of diet they get fed in a poor home in Issan, largely foraged from the land must actually be pretty healthy.
MrPlum
Banned
Banned

Post by MrPlum »

MorSage wrote:Mr Plum, how about we start another thread about detoxification / liver detoxification, so as not to muddy this one intended to help children that I contributed to by my comments on Thai life-expectancy.
My apologies. I'm so used to threads going off topic, I've forgotten my manners. Of course I shall refrain from distracting from your obviously important message. I hope others will follow suit. :oops:
MorSage

Post by MorSage »

Mr Plum no apologies needed, I should be the one apologising for 'throwing in' the death / life expectancy statements :cheers: