'How To' - Requirements for visa extensions etc

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Re: 'How To' - Requirements for visa extensions etc

Post by thecolonel »

StevePIraq wrote:Actually it can be in a foreign currency account in USD, GBP, Whatever, but it must be in Thai bank
Yes, as I now know a friend has 20k+ in ££s in an international acc with Bangkok Bank

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

kwajdiver
Amateur
Amateur

Re: 'How To' - Requirements for visa extensions etc

Post by kwajdiver »

Just FYI.

My extension based on retirement was set to expire on 29 June 2024, but I decided to renew it today – 6 June.

First, I arrived at the Bangkok Bank in Cha-Am at 08:30. I requested the two documents required for Immigration using the 800,000 baht in the bank method. The bank knew exactly what to do and provided me with the two documents. The bank also updated my passbook, and at my request made a copy of the last page for me showing a transaction on 6 June. The cost was 200 baht.

I arrived at the Phetchaburi Immigration Office at 09:10. I had previously made a 10:00 am appointment online through this link:
Phetchaburi Immigration Office (office365.com)

When I entered Immigration I stood in a short line at the information desk. A woman reviewed my documents and then directed me to take a seat.

I submitted the following to Immigration:
1. A completed TM 7 Form with a picture.
2. My passport, and a signed copy of each page that had data on it - including my latest 90 day report and a copy of my TM30.
3. The two Bangkok Bank documents.
4. My Bangkok Bank passbook, and a signed copy of each page of the passbook.
5. I am married to a Thai woman and we own a house.
(a) A copy of my wife’s ID card – wife’s signature;
(b) A copy of the Bluebook – wife’s signature;
(c) A hand drawn map showing the location of our house – both of our signatures.
6. A 1900 baht fee.

I also applied for a single reentry permit and submitted the following:
1. A completed TM 8 Form with a picture.
2. A copy of all pages in my passport that have data on them – including my latest 90 day report and my TM30.
3. A 1000 baht fee.

I walked out of the Immigration building at 10:10 with both a retirement extension and a single reentry permit valid until 29 June 2025. I am very pleased with the process and service that was provided by both Immigration and Bangkok Bank.

Please be advised that his information is valid as of this date, but word is that there may be some changes in September, so stay tuned……..