Hua Hin to Koh Samui

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
brewingcompany
Rookie
Rookie

Hua Hin to Koh Samui

Post by brewingcompany »

How long does the train take for this journey and is there a bus which offers the same service?

Cheers
chelsea
Ace
Ace

Post by chelsea »

Done the same journey last year, quickest way if you are going from Hua Hin is to either take the minibus or taxi to Bangkok (appx 3hrs drive) to the airport and then fly from Bangkok to Koh Samui.

The train I think takes about 4/5hrs either way but not sure about price.

Minibus is about 200baht per person(only problem is if you have a lot of luggage), you may have to book extra seat to accomodate excessive luggage.

Taxis start around 1800-2000baht upwards dependant on season. best to shop around when in Hua Hin.

As far as I know Bangkok Air is the only ones flying into Samui and costs start at around appx 2000baht each way.

Best to book flights well in advance if it is high season, can be done on the internet direct.
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Always Borrow Money from a Pesimist. "They Never Expect it Back"
chelsea
Ace
Ace

Post by chelsea »

Also forgot to mention there is a local bus service that goes from BKK to HH, but having had the experience of that the 1st time to HH, recommoned not to try. I would not use again.
It is very cheap, but the buses i feel are not in the best and safest condition. It was 38° the day we used them, they had plastic seat trims and the A/C did not work
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Always Borrow Money from a Pesimist. "They Never Expect it Back"
buksida

Post by buksida »

There is also the Lomprayah bus and high speed ferry.

The bus leaves HH at 8am, gets to Chumphon at 12 and then you take the ferry to Koh Tao, Pha-ngan, and Samui. Gets in at around 4.30. Its a long day but quite a nice journey and doesnt involve going to Bangkok.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson