PUT YOUR BLOODY HELMETS ON!!

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

PUT YOUR BLOODY HELMETS ON!!

Post by Randy Cornhole »

This aint so much a new topic as a wake up call. I can't believe it but I still see everyday ferrang riding motorbikes without helmets on! Do you think you are being clever? Do you think you are being hard? For crying out loud it beggers belief.
YOU STUPID BLOODY HALF WITTED FOOLS! PUT YOUR BLOODY HELMETS ON, ALL THE TIME!
Sorry for the rant but I cant believe the stupidity of some people and thought it was worth bringing up.
www.35mmview.com
dr dave soul monsta
Deceased
Deceased

Post by dr dave soul monsta »

Seconded !!

not just your own but your children your pillion your buffalo and whoever else is on the machine

you only need to look on the rd and theres outlines in white paint every where this where usually the mo-cy has come off worst
"I don't often agree with the RSPCA as i believe it is an animals duty to be on my plate at supper time"
buksida

Post by buksida »

Thirded.

It amazes me how farangs on holiday do stuff that they wouldn't dream of in their own country just because the locals do it. Monkey see monkey do.

:roll:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Jaime
Legend
Legend

Post by Jaime »

Agreed - saw three such monkeys on a motosai heading up Chomsin last week!
bozzman101
Guru
Guru

wear it all the time

Post by bozzman101 »

might wear it in bed toooooooooo...lol
dont want to be fined 200 baht again
took an hour sitting in police station paying fine
last summer
mabey buy a nice helmet if possible

silly bozz :oops:
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Randy Cornhole »

I wont let this this thread die as its so important that everyone looks at it! So every now and again i will bring it back to life..... :D
www.35mmview.com
DawnHRD
Legend
Legend

Post by DawnHRD »

OK. Agree with you guys 100%, but if you don't own a motorbike it's slightly different. So, 2 questions for you:

I do use motorbike taxis on occasion and am very aware of the danger involved in not wearing a helmet, but how am I supposed to carry around 2 (mine & littl'un's) helmets all day, on the offchance I get a motorbike taxi? Motorbike owners just leave the with the bike.

And secondly, where in HH could I buy a decent helmet for a 5 year old? I haven't seen any child sized ones.

These are genuine questions & I'd appreciate suggestions :cheers:
"The question is not, can they reason? Nor, can they talk? But, can they suffer?" - Jeremy Bentham, philosopher, 1748-1832

Make a dog's life better, today!
dan
Amateur
Amateur

brain buckets

Post by dan »

"anyone who gets on a bike falls off a bike"......me

eighteen mos ago i was an hour into a bicycle ride cruising along about 30kph when the the last thing that went thru my mind, b4 the pavement, was how good i felt.......woke up in an ambulance 50 minutes later not knowing my name or age but got the third question right about where i was cuz i read the policemans patch on his shoulder....if i wasn't wearing a helmet i wouldn't be writing this mesage!!
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

I have been reliably informed that folk don't wear helmets here 'cos the concrete is softer

:lach:

Good thread Randy you've cited one of the few pet dislikes that I have.

Keep it up.

Dawn - Big C in Petchaburi had kiddies helmets a few years ago, I bought one for Daniel at that time. Not sure if they still do them but perhaps folk can check them out.
dr dave soul monsta
Deceased
Deceased

another thread on a similar topic from a while ago

Its all old ground and still many choose the way of the moron
Last edited by dr dave soul monsta on Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I don't often agree with the RSPCA as i believe it is an animals duty to be on my plate at supper time"
buksida

Post by buksida »

For those who have little confidence in the plastic icecream tubs they give away with new motorbikes you can buy one of these more sturdy lids from the Tuesday market at Pae Mai for around 6-700 baht.

Just don't leave them on the bike, thats my fifth one!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
dr dave soul monsta
Deceased
Deceased

Ho many times have i told you to use the hook under the seat buksi errrrr.... at least five i think
Chas
Banned
Banned

helmets.

Post by Chas »

Good thread and excellent reminder.
I never drive my scooter into town but I ALWAYS wear my helmet when I commute to work.
It is a one of the great mysteries of Thailand to me how people with infants can pass me doing 50 km/hr no helmets involved nor any kind of protection for a small baby which they must love, often carried perched in front of the driver waving away merrily. I just dont know how to understand this. Poverty? Ignorance? Religion? Faith in amulets? Lack of imagination? Inpenetrable Eastern ways which will never make sense to my Western mind? I just dont know. I dont have kids and in fact dont even like children, but this gets to me every time I see it.

Having just healed my elbow from my one and only spill a month ago thanks to a patch of mud I could not avoid, might I also recommend a jacket or long sleeved shirt. I have wished since then that I had done so and I understand now why real motorcycle riders wear leather! This is one of my Nw Year's resolutions anyway. . .never drive the scooter without wearing my jacket. . .and of course my helmet. ( A nice new REAL one since my old one was stolen.)

I have also noticed a LOT more "tam ruat" pulling people without helmets over. Is it a crackdown or the time of month? (I wish they would crackdown on the 10 year old drivers. . .for my reaction to this Thai phenom, see the above. Where are the parents and why is this OK here, not against the law? I have never heard of a single one of these children being stopped. . .EVER (as long as they are wearing a helmet?) I have know a LOT of 10 year olds, some of them very mature and wise for their years, but I have never met one I would trust to drive down the street and back, let alone tackle disfunction junction!
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Dawn - Big C in Petchaburi had kiddies helmets a few years ago, I bought one for Daniel at that time. Not sure if they still do them but perhaps folk can check them out.
Dawn, Big C still have childrens helmets, I bought one for my partners son a few weeks ago.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Hi Dawn

If you're still looking for a helmet for your little please pm me. My wife just bought one for our little one and its a good quality INDEX helmet.

Hope this helps
Shane
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact