More Tragic News for Man Utd

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
chelsea
Ace
Ace

More Tragic News for Man Utd

Post by chelsea »

Just for all of you Man Utd fans that missed the news.

Beaten in the Champions League and finished bottom of their group.

By finishing last in the group, did not even qualify for the UEFA Cup

Alex Ferguson 11/10on to be gone by the start of next year.

Still they have the Carling Cup left to try and win some sort of trophy, but as they face an in form Birmingham City at St Andrews even that could be beyond them (shame).

And who said Christmas never comes early
:twisted: :D :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
dr dave soul monsta
Deceased
Deceased

Post by dr dave soul monsta »

Not only that they are loosing copious amounts of fans ( over 3000 so far )
To
FC United Manchester a small bunch of amature players who are taking football back to roots

3000 down on the turn styles at old trafford wont hurt the board of directors pockets will it ?? its only around 150,000,00 pound a match at home gates
"I don't often agree with the RSPCA as i believe it is an animals duty to be on my plate at supper time"
chelsea
Ace
Ace

Post by chelsea »

Dave, it is not only man Utd loosing fans, a lot of the premier league sides are in the same boat.
I was reading an artical the other day, and they were commenting on how the Championship, lower divisions and non league sides attendances are moving up. The main thing that was doing the premier league side is the price to get in.
At chelsea the cheapest seat I thnk in 42 pounds upwards. A mate of mine has a season ticket and costs home about 750 pounds a year.
Also I do not know if you are aware, the games are now graded in A, B, C and D catagories.
This means that when we play the likes of Wigan, Birmingham etc that is the 42 pound games, but when they play the likes of Man Utd, Liverpool, West Ham etc, the price goes up. The Champions league matches is even dearer.
If I was back in the UK, it would cost me about 100pound a game by the time that I had my seat, got to the game, been fed and a few drinks, which is out of the reach of a lot of the punters.
Have to cut short but have a darts game to go to.
:cheers:
dr dave soul monsta
Deceased
Deceased

Post by dr dave soul monsta »

My accounting may be a bit out; Old Trafford is probably much more per seat than at Chelsea,

Let me just say

“I don’t like football!â€
"I don't often agree with the RSPCA as i believe it is an animals duty to be on my plate at supper time"
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Could it be that the real fans are begining to see the light. I am gonna generalize a bit here i am talking about the majority of players who are: commanding crazy salaries, thinking they are bigger than the game, trying to get their fellow professionals sent off, setting a terrible example to the kids of the uk by showing no respect for the referee (or anyone for that matter), swearing and gobbing every minute. These pricks should realize how lucky they are to make the millions that they do and look at their job responsibly, they have, i feel shaped the UK culture into the craphole it is today. Occasionally you hear one being interviewed and you are surprised when he sounds like a decent bloke who plays his sport cause he loves it. A great many eg Rooney, would be in jail if he wasnt a a talented footballer.
Is it any wonder that the real supporters have lost patience and are signalling a refusal to pay crazy money to watch pre-maddonas ponce about a football pitch trying to prove either who is the dumbest or the best cheat. Hope the gates keep plummeting. RANT OVER. Sorry to all you football lovers out there but i bet lots of you agree to some degree to the state of the game these days.
Jim
Guru
Guru

Post by Jim »

I have a guilty conscience as I haven't posted anything in months. Something to do with getting a new job at last. But football is easy to chat about. Premiership footy is boring. It was so before Chelsea made the league a one horse race and is even more so now. Overpaid ponces with no passion or loyalty.

More fans pay to watch the other leagues, and I have to add that the Championship is where it is at. My views are in no way biased by Reading being top of the league.

To put a HH spin on this - does anywhere show Championship footy, or is it still Prem only?

Demob happy. Just booked tickets for March to come and move into the house.
ดวงขึ้น
จิม
ting-tong

Post by ting-tong »

I heard that the owner of chelsea is looking to buy a spanish club now.
Wonder were his heart would be if the the two clubs played.
It cant be that good for the fans.
He might have to start spending money to buy fans soon.

Did win 1200 kr on that man. utd game last night. :cheers:
buksida

Post by buksida »

chelsea wrote: This means that when we play the likes of Wigan, Birmingham etc that is the 42 pound games, but when they play the likes of Man Utd, Liverpool, West Ham etc, the price goes up.
Glad we're now included with the big boys !

tuktukmike
Guru
Guru

Post by tuktukmike »

No way, i am sure West ham was a misprint.

He meant West Brom.

Seriously why do people moan about chelsea and about a one horse race, also that we are buying the title.

Funny but when United and Arsenal were the only clubs in the UK with any real clout and could buy who they wanted there was no complaint, now there is a new kid on the block and after decades of failure we are there amongst the best.

As for abramovich, how many other owners do you see at every match, home and away.

To me the man is a saint and may we rule for the next 20 years.

There is a god and his name oddly enough is Roman.
Jim
Guru
Guru

Post by Jim »

It's nothing personal about Chelsea, it's just that they have made a boring league even more boring. It would be just as dull whoever was dominating. It's great for you as a supporter, but Abramovich has set english football back years - a dull league means lower crowds (happening) and lower tv money (happening) - while at the same time wages are going through the roof. It will all end in tears.

And yes I know the team I follow desparately wants to be part of it all.
ดวงขึ้น
จิม
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

dr dave soul monsta wrote: It’s not sport any more it’s purely money generating for the major share holders and directors at the expense of the man on the street
And although the players are very talented the amounts of money they receive is obscene also
This is the reason these small clubs are starting to thrive again its more entertaining, more value for money and affordable

GOOD LUCK TO THEM
I agree more or less, but sport has now become business in a capitalist society. There is money to be made on a large scale.

People are only paid generally in accordance with their commercial value. Hoe much money do you think David Beckham made for Real Madrid. Not by playing football but by selling shirts.

Real Madrid's ticket demand grew by 3% after his signing, and further more when the signed Michael Owen. Most of the increase came from female supporters.

Business has been taking over sport for a long time. Man U were the frist English club to capitalize and now they are foundering a little.

Business in sport has been the primary motivation in the US for 40 years. The main sports are Basketball (just as highly paid as European Soccer players, Baseball (ditto), American Football (ditto) and to a lesser degree, Hockey (Ice Hockey to some).

Europe is catching up.

The thing that pisses me off is that is all being controlled by an unscruplous Australian who makes Khun T look like an amateur when it comes to lining his own pocket.

Now for the important stuff.

COME ON READING
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Mike that is a load of rubbish, how can you call it sport when Chelsea were nothing until some ruskie bought the best players for ridiculous sums of money and pushed the salaries out of range of other teams. The guy is not a saint he is one of the reasons for the demise of the so called beautiful game. And when you supporters say that WE will be top for years it makes me wanna puke! Look at how the NFL is structured, they have a clue about spreading the wealth with draft picks etc. By the way i felt the same about Man U and Arsenal - this guy has just taken it to another level.
chelsea
Ace
Ace

Post by chelsea »

Jim, in answer to your question about do they show anything other than premier league on the TV, I have just looked at the Sky Sports UK TV guide for December and they have programmed games in the Championship, League 2 and even the Conference League.

Ting Tong. Roman already has interests in another club in Russia (CSKA Sofia) I think. Last year they were drawn in the same group as Chelsea in the Champions League and there was a lot of fuss regarding conflict of interests etc before the games were played.
Appartently all was checked out by FIFA before hand and was found to be OK, and the games were able to go ahead.

Mike, agree with you 100% about Roman's constant appearances at nearly all of the games. Not much seen of he Beavis and Buthead in the Man Utd crowds.
Also the squad is not just a squad full of overseas players, we have 6 (at the last count) of the current england squad on our books, unlike a lot of other premier league sides.

To finish, I must agree with Mike's final words: "There is a god and his name oddly enough is Roman, To me the man is a saint and may we rule for the next 20 years"
:cheers: :cheers:
tuktukmike
Guru
Guru

Post by tuktukmike »

JW

Money as you should know does not guarentee success, there have been many previous managers who were given loads of cash and did nothing.

As for abramovich, well he has made his home in England and pays his dues in his adopted country.

We have missed out on other players as the manager will not pay if he feels someone is not worth it, and without a really good manager you could spend all the money you like and still win nothing.

Compaired to the previous owner we do seem to be recruiting some good English players.

As for taking it to another level i am not sure that is correct, we can now compete with Arsenal and Man U and of course also the likes of Real Madrid.

But never mind we all have our own opinions to air, i am just pleased we can now compete with anyone.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Jim
Guru
Guru

Post by Jim »

Guess - may I say that is the most sensible comment I've ever read on HHAD. As you say:

CMON READING
ดวงขึ้น
จิม