Sore throat etc going around

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
Siani
Legend
Legend

Sore throat etc going around

Post by Siani »

There is a nasty horrible sore throat going around, which develops into a nasty cough and cold. My son had it, then my husband and now me :twisted:
I am only in the sore throat, stage. I thought I would share a product for relief my husband bought for me in the pharmacy in Soi 88. It is called Kamillosan M A spray which relieves the tickle and soreness. It contains Camomile, Peppermint,Sage oil, Arise, Pine needle oil, Bergamot oil, Eucalyptol, Menthyl Saicylate :)

It does make it better :)
dom77
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Sore throat etc going around

Post by dom77 »

Watch out for the sick kids- parents do the right thing and dont send them to school - my teacher friends are sick of students coughing and spluttering all over them - resulting in time off for the teacher who usually ends up losing salary as a result!
TimandT
Professional
Professional

Post by TimandT »

I think I have just entered the sore throat stage - thanks for the recommendation.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

dom77 wrote:Watch out for the sick kids- parents do the right thing and dont send them to school - my teacher friends are sick of students coughing and spluttering all over them - resulting in time off for the teacher who usually ends up losing salary as a result!
That's a big issue with my daughter's international school here in Rayong. Many parents unfortunately think a school is a babysitting service. I was successful initiating a program that if the child arrives sick, the parents are called back to pick up. If cannot, a designated friend. If cannot, it's the nurse's office for a day of reading and napping until someone comes to get them. It's working. An unfortunate point is that most of the Moms don't work, they just don't want their day of shopping or socializing disrupted by keeping their little ones home.

The school was at fault as well as the aircon filters had not been cleaned since the start last August, they were never using the fresh air setting but only recirculating existing air, they never open the windows on cool days. That's all changed as well. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
crazy88
Deceased
Deceased

Post by crazy88 »

Wait until it drops to the chest. Spicy food and a hot toddy before bed works, combined with lots of fruit juice during the day.

Get well soon

Crazy 88
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

crazy88 wrote:Wait until it drops to the chest. Spicy food and a hot toddy before bed works, combined with lots of fruit juice during the day.

Get well soon

Crazy 88
Thanks for the get well wishes. Just eaten, finished up with a cold shake and some ice cream :P
Feeling better..but we will see what the night brings :twisted:
Peace I hope..just sprayed my throat! The throat spray is very good :)
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

Vitamin C is well known for shortening colds/sore throats and the like, especially in the form of lozenges.

Check your diet.

Plus, take a multivitamin/mineral pill daily along with a 'buffeted' Vit C pill and garlic/allicin pill from a decent manufacturer (with GMP label) daily and you won't have any colds/snivels etc in the future.

I do this and haven't had one for about 4 years, and 'yes', I teach too.
Resolve dissolves in alcohol
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Spitfire wrote:Vitamin C is well known for shortening colds/sore throats and the like, especially in the form of lozenges.

Check your diet.

Plus, take a multivitamin/mineral pill daily along with a 'buffeted' Vit C pill and garlic/allicin pill from a decent manufacturer (with GMP label) daily and you won't have any colds/snivels etc in the future.

Agree with this 100%. On a slightly different not, a few months back I had a chest infection and was given antibiotics, but I had been wanting to experiment with garlic, so decided I'd wait with the antibiotics. instead, I swallowed two crushed cloves three times per day with some water, and just after a meal. Three days and my chest was fine, without any need for antibiotics. Apparently the good stuff in the garlic goes to the lungs once it passes the stomach, and while I've often read about this, it was great to actually witness it firsthand.

Another natural fix that definitely works is the use of basil to bring down a kid's temperature. It works with adults as well, but is super effective with children. Just make some basil tea and give them a few spoons, and the temperature drops almost immediately.

BTW......if you eat a lot of spicy foods containing fresh chilli, you're more than likely getting all the vitamin C your body needs.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
TimandT
Professional
Professional

Post by TimandT »

Takiap wrote: Agree with this 100%. On a slightly different not, a few months back I had a chest infection and was given antibiotics, but I had been wanting to experiment with garlic, so decided I'd wait with the antibiotics. instead, I swallowed two crushed cloves three times per day with some water, and just after a meal. Three days and my chest was fine, without any need for antibiotics. Apparently the good stuff in the garlic goes to the lungs once it passes the stomach, and while I've often read about this, it was great to actually witness it firsthand.
:cheers:
Did you lose your friends?
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

If you can handle it, fresh garlic is even better if you can get it down in chunk form (slightly chewed or chopped), and without food in your stomach, followed by 1 or 2 full glasses of water. The key is to get it into your small intestine quickly, and subsequently your bloodstream, before it loses it's potency which can happen rapidly in your stomach.

I take a clove and nibble it into manageable pieces with the front teeth, then down it goes with water just like taking a pill or vitamin. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

Thanks everyone for all those wonderful tips! I am trying them all....if you crush the garlic you may lose some of the precious oil. I am going to try putting the whole clove in my mouth and chew it :P Will let you know how it works ....may not have many friends afterwards... :mrgreen:
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Siani wrote: Will let you know how it works ....may not have many friends afterwards... :mrgreen:
Well at least they will be able to find you in the dark! :cheers:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Spitfire wrote:Vitamin C is well known for shortening colds/sore throats and the like, especially in the form of lozenges.
Check your diet.

xin_02205060807405002488812.jpg
xin_02205060807405002488812.jpg (27.33 KiB) Viewed 1452 times
This is the way
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

migrant wrote:
Siani wrote: Will let you know how it works ....may not have many friends afterwards... :mrgreen:
Well at least they will be able to find you in the dark! :cheers:

:D My husband says..."Well at least you will not give it to anyone else :P Nobody will come near you :naughty:
Spitfire
Addict
Addict

Post by Spitfire »

Nah DM, this is more accurate at university........... :wink:
My classroom today.jpg
My classroom today.jpg (11.07 KiB) Viewed 1431 times
University teaching.jpg
University teaching.jpg (6.88 KiB) Viewed 1431 times
Resolve dissolves in alcohol