KL to Huahin

Sub-forum for discussion on air travel, airports, and airlines.
steve/m

KL to Huahin

Post by steve/m »

Im sure some of you more experianced travellers can help me on this.

As we all know the probs at BKK airport ( my ticket was for 7th Dec arriving BKK on the 8th) it does not look like this date is possible now.

The other option is to fly to KL. then either by train (48hrs) or airasia.
On there website flights are available on the 10 Dec but at 12.20 midday
as i wont be landing in KL until around 1200midday there is no way i can make this flight.
I dont realy want to be lugging suitcases around with me while trying to catch trains etc.

Also if i go Airasia KL to Krabi the price of the flight is 2,270 baht if i get ticket online. not sure if price is the same if i pay cash.

I will still have to get train or bus from Krabi to huahin. not sure of this.

Any suggestions or ideas please?
Would be appreciated. :(
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

I've just gone through all this today.

I should have been landing in BKK 18:30 6th Dec.

Now landing in KL 21:20 5th Dec and catching an Air Asia flight to Phuket, lands at 07:20.

I could be at my house in Hua Hin slightly earlier than i would have been on my original flight.

8) :cheers:
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

Train from KL to Hua Hin is approx 22 hours not 48

A pleasant journey, well worth the experience if you get KTMB 1st Class and then SRT 2nd Class sleeper - change at Bukit Mertajam or Butterworth.

Due to this 5hite at Swampypoom am travelling to Phuket today by car - onto Singapore and then to an important business meeting in Doha Thursday. :cuss:
steve/m

Post by steve/m »

Thanks, chaps but have been told have to book train tickets in advance on internet.

I have a slight prob in doing that.

And my flight times into KL are not good to get an airasi flight to Krabi.

I cant pay for any tickets in advance because i dont have credit card,only Debit.
The understudy
Ace
Ace

Post by The understudy »

Hello steve/m

you could try to fly out from KL to Phuket or Samui than take the Bangkok Airways flight from Samui to Hua Hin. If you feel like flying though!

Your's The understudy!!!
housedoctor

Post by housedoctor »

:cheers: I'm in a similar situation to Steve/m. Arriving 8th. Ethiad gave me a choice of KL or S/pore. I guess KL & on to Phuket is the logical move. I think Bangkok Air is only doing the Samui /HH run for two days. 1 & 2 Dec..
BaaBaa: Are you getting the bus from Phuket to HH.? Have you or has anyone any info on the duration of the bus trip. Doc
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

housedoctor wrote::cheers: I'm in a similar situation to Steve/m. Arriving 8th. Ethiad gave me a choice of KL or S/pore. I guess KL & on to Phuket is the logical move. I think Bangkok Air is only doing the Samui /HH run for two days. 1 & 2 Dec..
BaaBaa: Are you getting the bus from Phuket to HH.? Have you or has anyone any info on the duration of the bus trip. Doc
Yes I will be getting the Bus from Phuket to HH.

Did Etihad charge you any extra?
housedoctor

Post by housedoctor »

BaaBaa:: No there is no extra charge. They are proving quite proffesional. They have not cancelled my flight to BKK yet just in case but have given me up to the last minute to choose. Incidently,they are also operating a number of relief flights for their passengers from U-Tapao to AbuDhabi. Doc
housedoctor

Post by housedoctor »

:cheers: Check out breaking news on bangkokpost.com :cheers:
chelsea
Ace
Ace

Post by chelsea »

SteveM
cant pay for any tickets in advance because i dont have credit card,only Debit.
If you have a debit card that also acts as a Visa/Mastercard as well, as long as you have funds in your original bank account you can use to pay online like a normal credit card.

There are also air asia flights to Chiang Mai and there is now a VIP bus service from Chiang Mai to Hua Hin
There are details regarding where they operate from etc here

[ Link removed, no competing websites, please post the info ]

May be a better alternative as probably not so many people flying to Chiang Mai as to Phuket/Krabi
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Always Borrow Money from a Pesimist. "They Never Expect it Back"
steve/m

Post by steve/m »

LOL Chelsea Ive Decided to bring a parachute with and will bail out over Huahin as i fly to ChiangMai

Thanks for the Info People ,Might be lucky and get my original flight on the 7th.
If i can manage that, then the beers are on me .

Just name the time and place. :)
fft100
Professional
Professional

Post by fft100 »

problem with the train is that for the last 2 days it hasnt got past Butterworth because of severe flooding in Hat Yai. According to the timetable i have seen it is 33 hours.

Other problem (if that isnt enough) is that it appears heavily booked,

If you land at KL at 12pm on a thursday or a sunday , then your best route is :-

1. Get in a taxi and go to Sebang. That is KL's old main airport, and now its second airport.

2. Get the 16.45 plane using Berjaya Air to Phuket. about 5,000 baht. they still have space for this sunday.

Then get bus to HH or

3. Get the 19.30 from Phuket to Samui. less than 2,000 baht.

4. Get the new service from Samui to HH. 4 times a day, but dunno how much.

The only problem with this is that Bangkok air are not guaranteeing how long the samui > HH service is running for

Firefly, malaysia airlines low cost carrier, also fly from Sebang to Phuket
steve/m

Post by steve/m »

Hi fft are you sure Berjaya air fly to Phuket? Have just been on there website and it does not mention flights to phuket.
Jim
Guru
Guru

Post by Jim »

you can go from the main airport at KL to Phuket simply enough, I think. Whatever the budget version is of Air Malaysia does it. I think.
ดวงขึ้น
จิม
fft100
Professional
Professional

Post by fft100 »

Firefly (Malay air low cost) also fly from Subang.

Dont forget on the drop down to look for flights from Subang.

My apologies. I meant Subang to Samui (not Phuket) ! Which is / was better as it timed very well with the flights from Samui to HH (which may not run now that BKK is open again).