More Tragic News for Man Utd

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

What is it about Chelsea!

I've been a fan all my life, home and away, stayed with them when they were crap, I even remember the days when Seb Coe ran raffles at discos to raise money! I even became a pitch owner.

And then gradually, over several seasons they start to do well, qualifying for europe, winning cups, 5 times finishing in the top 4, runners up two seasons ago and then winners with a team largely built by Ranieri, but better managed by the Great One.

And we broke the duopoly of the Mancs and Gooners.

And suddenly we're bad for football!?

But I don't go as much as I used to - due partly to the cost. 48pds for Liverpool on Tuesday and the same today for Wigan - last season they would have had two prices, the Wigan game being 10pds cheaper per ticket, but they scrapped that. Thats a con. But every game is virtually a sell out bar the Carling cup and early euro games.

In total, with travel, a few beers in the White Horse on Parsons Green, something to eat, Tuesday and todays games will cost me about 150pds!

No wonder I want to relocate to HH!

But would any Chjelsea fan change it - I doubt it. I hope we ruin football for another season by winning the league. The others will have to catch up.

And watch the attitude ot Reading fans change, if as seems likely, they get promoted.
Talk is cheap
chelsea
Ace
Ace

Post by chelsea »

Caller, I can remember going and seeing a game at Oxford in the late 70's, that if we had lost we could have gone down to the old 3rd Division. To see all of the support that they had there that day, the thought does not even bear thinking about.
We have had to put up with so much crap from Man Utd and Arsenal over the years, we have a right to make the most of it and to gloat till our hearts are content.
I was listening to a show on Talk Sport (UK radio Show) about 10 weeks into the current season and all the talk was that the league was no good because it was to much of a one horse show as Arsenal and Man Utd were 12 and 15 points behind.
There was no talk of the fact that at the time Charlton were 2nd and only 5 pts behind and Wigan wrre 3rd and only 6pts behind (and mauch the same as Chelsea had not lost a game), only the fact that Man Utd and Arsenal could not win again this year.
I went and watched the game on the TV here is Australia last night and was great to se JT score again (2nd winner in two games), showes what a versitile team we are 9do not rely on the fowrads to score, winners in all position).
Well, is now breakfast time, post some more later.
And for all you Chelsea fans, one more hearty round of One man to mow, went to mow a meadow. We won 5-0 at white hart lane, Celery, Celery and mamy more (To all Man Utd fans "Champions League youre having a Larf")
And in relation to the Reading fans, it was stated last week in the UK press, that the Chairman wanted to sell, because he would not be able to afford going into the premier league. Perhaps the Reading fans can comment on thios rumour
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
tuktukmike
Guru
Guru

Post by tuktukmike »

Who remembers this line up.

Bonetti
Harris
McCreadie
Hollins
Dempsey
Webb
Baldwin
Cooke
Osgood
Hutchinson
Hudson
Sub, Hinton

1970 FA CUP winning team.

I still have the record album, side one is at wembley. Chelsea 2 Leeds 2

Side 2, replay old trafford, Chelsea 2 Leeds 1

Memories :wink:
chelsea
Ace
Ace

Post by chelsea »

Mike
I was at Wembley for the game, here is all I can remember
"Blue is the colour. football is the game, were al together and winning is the aim, chear us on through the sun and rain, cause Chelsea, Chelsea is our name:

I was standing at the end at Wembley where the Leeds goalie (Gary Sprake) do his famous done his famous weatabix dive over the ball for the 1st goal.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
tuktukmike
Guru
Guru

Post by tuktukmike »

I still have the record, and the rest.

Come to the bridge where well welcome you, see us through chant the blues.

Home and away come and see us play, sing chelsea everyone.

Mike.

Ps, The album is the BBC commentary and called Chelseas Cup.

:cheers:
chelsea
Ace
Ace

Post by chelsea »

Mike, is nearly as good as the Three LIons and Vindaloo from the last world cup, but not quite.
:cheers: :cheers: :twisted: :twisted:
Wanderlust
Legend
Legend

Post by Wanderlust »

But none of them are as good as 'You can stick your blue flag up your a**e', now are they? :D
Jim
Guru
Guru

Post by Jim »

It just speaks volumes that you Chelsea boys are reminiscing about the good old days and starting to abuse us Reading fans. Yes, the Premiership really is that boring now.

And to take up your point that our chairman has said he wants to sell if we go up...sensible guy. When he took over, we were bust and with home crowds of about 3,000. 15 years or so later, we might just make it into the top league for the first time ever. If your question is designed to ask if we would still support the club if a foreign billionaire bought it and bought us into Europe, the answer is we would only know at the time. But I think I would find a proper team to go and support.
ดวงขึ้น
จิม
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Man U 2025 Champions

Post by Guess »

Don't worry Manu supporters. They will be back in about ten years and may be able to chalenge Chelsea, Aresnal, Liverpool and Spurs. For the while though they will need to concentrate on avoiding relegation and maybe getting into the UEFA cup within the next few years. They need to get rid of the whole team and rebuild.

Preston North End, Charlton, Wolves and Bolton were the top teams when my papa was a lad. Even Brentford, Bradford and Stoke City have had their day.
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

Chelskie almost scored from a quickly taken free kick against Wigan. Last season Henry scored against Chelskie from a similar free kick (except that the referee had actually asked Henry whether he wanted to take it quick or not, not the case in Ch vs Wi). That time Moray and his boys were crying how unfair the goal was. Didn't see any similar comments from them this time . :?
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Randy Cornhole »

I can't understand why football is so big in the UK.....? over paid twats managed by even bigger twats and watched by EVEN BIGGER TWATS!
There I've said it and it feels good....aah sorry about that.
I realise the cerebraly challenged amongst you need an outlet and care in the community doesnt extend to football as yet so fill your boots.
And before you accuse me.....Cricket and golf are just as bad.
Wow its like a good therapy session. :thumb:
me thinks I am about to be pilloried to death..... :cry:
Bring it on fottie boys! ha ha ha, its all good fun.
I HATE FOOTBALLLLLLLLL
www.35mmview.com
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

From your avatar I get the idea that you like dancing :wink:
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Randy on top form today! Smelling the roses then slagging the football!! Get in there. Have to disagree with the cricket and golf bit mind! Where are you from Randy?
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Randy Cornhole »

Im from Croydon s.e London but have lived abroad for the last two years.
Wrote about the footie last night after a bottle of sangsom so feeling a bit guilty today :oops:
I'm sure the footie boys can take it. Think I'd better keep my true identity a secret until they forget......shushhh....lol
www.35mmview.com
Jim
Guru
Guru

Post by Jim »

It's a fair cop, guv.

However, while you can sup the chang with the waves lapping your ankles and taking in the rays, those of us still in Farangland have to find other ways of passing the interminable long, cold, dark, miserable winter months. Football just fills a void.
ดวงขึ้น
จิม