Football (not Premier League)

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
Big Boy

Re: Football (not Premier League)

Post by Big Boy »

Thanks Pete, I'd never heard that story before.

Strangely enough, I was on the same plane as the Ratchaburi team last week, and couldn't get thoughts of the Munich disaster out of my mind.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

News to me too, Pete, a tragic and moving story.
Big Boy wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 1:15 pm Strangely enough, I was on the same plane as the Ratchaburi team last week, and couldn't get thoughts of the Munich disaster out of my mind.
Ah BB, one of life's eternal optimists! :D :thumb:
This is the way
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Both Championship semi-final playoff games end in a 0-0 tie. :shock: So leg 2 is the only leg now. Very strange no one could score at all. Are they that evenly matched.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Probably a case of nerves with nobody wanting to lose with so much at stake - hopefully the return fixture will be the opposite?
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Dannie Boy wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 12:12 pm Probably a case of nerves with nobody wanting to lose with so much at stake - hopefully the return fixture will be the opposite?
Norwich and West Brom blew their home advantage. Leeds and Southampton I would bet on now.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

PeteC wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 12:07 pm Are they that evenly matched.
Evenly matched at being poor!

My take on the two games is that Southampton and WBA both look in better shape than either Leeds or Norwich, who were woeful. But they all lost form in their last 6 league games.

But as the next game for all 4 is effectivelly a winner takes all final, who knows who will emerge as winners?
Talk is cheap