GBP vs THB

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: GBP vs THB

Post by HHTel »

Well Wise uses the published XE rate, so I guess the only difference could be in charges.
Governor
Professional
Professional

Post by Governor »

HHTel wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:45 am Well it's now at it's highest post-brexit. No doubt it will drop before my next transfer. Maybe I should announce when I'm going to make a transfer. Then people can wait until after I've made the transfer and get the better rate!
Maybe it's because you transfer so much it distorts the market. 8)
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I notice that the exchange rate for GBP has topped 44.60. July 2020 it was just over 38. That gives me 12,000 baht more than a year ago on my monthly drawdown. And there's nowhere to spend it!!!
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

If you need any help?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

But every time you make these posts, you know exactly which way it will head :tsk: :banghead:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

HHTel wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:07 pm .....And there's nowhere to spend it!!!
That´s the only good thing about pandemics, they´re cheap because everything is closed!
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Big Boy wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:18 pm But every time you make these posts, you know exactly which way it will head :tsk: :banghead:
You're right, BB. I'll never learn. I'm still a few days before I make my transfer, so it'll probably go down until I do.
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

HHTel wrote: Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:07 pm I notice that the exchange rate for GBP has topped 44.60. July 2020 it was just over 38. That gives me 12,000 baht more than a year ago on my monthly drawdown. And there's nowhere to spend it!!!
So bring in less !! - what a stupid post/
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Fair comment but there are reasons to maintain the amount I bring in which I won't go into.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

I know the stated reason for the strong Baht is the positive balance of trade but can anyone truly explain why it is now 45.7995 to the pound as the Bank of Ting Tong Average Selling Rates.

This must be killing people on fixed pensions.

Oops I have just realised it is getting better. I have become so used to it going down.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

/\ Yep..just looked at my TW account. End of 2019 the rate was in the 37baht range.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

This must be killing people on fixed pensions.
Quite the opposite. Anyone living on UK money, which includes me, are very happy. The last time it was this high was 5 years ago in 2016.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, it's crazy, as the £ dropped to 45฿ on the way down, I felt quite poor, and was worried at how far it would fall. Now that it's hitting 45฿ on the way back up again, I feel quite flush/relaxed.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Same with the $. The difference covers my electric bill. Not a great difference but every little bit, etc. etc.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Don't count your chickens. That difference in forex rate will be rapidly eaten up when the junta taxes the shit out of everything here to get its stimulus money back, resulting in an overall increase in the cost of living over the next few years. The inflation train is coming ... :duck:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson