Vaccines - Covid 19

Temporary sub-forum for all news, updates, developments and discussion on Coronavirus/Covid-19 in Hua Hin, Thailand and globally. Any and all topics on the outbreak will be moved into this forum for ease of information access.

Full time or part time foreign residents of Thailand which vaccine(s) have you or will you receive?

______First__________________
No votes
AstraZeneca
15%
Johnson & Johnson
1%
Moderna
1%
Pfizer
18%
Sinopharm
1%
Sinovac
14%
Other
No votes
______Second________________
No votes
AstraZeneca
25%
Moderna
3%
Pfizer
20%
Sinopharm
1%
Sinovac
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes: 79

GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Re: Vaccines - Covid 19

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

StevePIraq wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:18 pm An update from Hua Hin Hospital as of 13.15hr 15/7/21. They have no vaccines available and do not have a date when the next batch will be delivered for vaccinations to resume.

So its just wait and see and keep contacting them, plus you can check the FB page for updates.
Heard the same thing from them just a few days earlier.
:cry:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Mixing doses back on again.....

Cross-dose plan to go ahead despite widespread confusion

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... -confusion
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Bloomin' eck..more retreats than the French Army
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

So they've agreed to use AZ for the second dose. So the next question is obvious. Where and when are these doses going to materialise?
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

HHTel wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:59 pm So they've agreed to use AZ for the second dose. So the next question is obvious. Where and when are these doses going to materialise?
Months from now for the general public. AZ are supplying what they have contracted to supply so a new agreement has to be put in place. HHH also advised today that most vaccines are going to BKK and other red zone regions as a priority.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

It appears HH municipality have ordered 50,000 doses of the sinopharm vaccine. Apologies if this has already been posted, but I haven't seen it.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... n-on-oct-1

Quite amazing that one major hospital in Korat have halted all vaccinations, citing Government confusion as the reason. And like Hua Hin, they have used all their stock of AZ.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... n-on-oct-1
Talk is cheap
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Caller. Your quote Talk is Cheap really does say it all. These authorities must be high as a kite
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

StevePIraq wrote:
HHTel wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:59 pm So they've agreed to use AZ for the second dose. So the next question is obvious. Where and when are these doses going to materialise?
Months from now for the general public. AZ are supplying what they have contracted to supply so a new agreement has to be put in place. HHH also advised today that most vaccines are going to BKK and other red zone regions as a priority.
Nope. They're not. They contracted for 10 million doses for July and it may actually only be 6 million.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Dr. Nakorn Premsri, director of the National Vaccine Institute, said its vaccine committee agreed in principle to issue an order temporarily limiting exports, but did not give any details. The order would be issued by designating it a matter of national security.

Siam BioScience, was supposed to supply the country with 10 million doses of AstraZeneva vaccine a month, but acknowledged earlier this month that it can provide only 5 million to 6 million doses.

The head of the Thai Red Cross Emerging Infectious Diseases Health Science Center, Dr. Thiravat Hemachudha, said last week that a study he helped conduct found that Sinovac was less effective at fighting the delta variant, and that a booster dose of AstraZeneca would increase its efficacy.

Other Thais who have received only one dose of Sinovac will be able to get AstraZeneca for their second dose, Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul said.
https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/cri ... 9-vaccine/
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

All our Hi-So friends in BKK have received 2 shots. Bring rich is the best revenge.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

2 shots of what though. There's not been enough time passed to give 2 shots of AZ so I assume it would be Sinovac (nothing to be jealous of).
Research has shown that a 12-week interval between AstraZeneca vaccine doses offers optimal protection

Getting a second dose earlier offers less protection, but could be a way to get more people vaccinated sooner
https://www.abc.net.au/news/health/2021 ... /100259926
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

HHTel wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:30 am 2 shots of what though. There's not been enough time passed to give 2 shots of AZ so I assume it would be Sinovac (nothing to be jealous of).
Research has shown that a 12-week interval between AstraZeneca vaccine doses offers optimal protection

Getting a second dose earlier offers less protection, but could be a way to get more people vaccinated sooner
https://www.abc.net.au/news/health/2021 ... /100259926
I'm not the jealous type, especially of things I don't want. I don't know what brand it was. maybe Marlborough or Camels.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

joelle wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:46 am
Dannie Boy wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:42 am I’ve tried to see the status of my planned vaccination for tomorrow - I get as far as the page that confirms I’m registered, where it then says to check the HHHospital website, but when I try, I enter my 13 digit ID number and it keeps returning to the same page for me to enter it again, and then does the same again!!

Any other suggestions?
Just a suggestion
Why not register with Cha Am hospital?
We did and got an appointment swiftly
I finally got around to taking your advice joelle and went to Cha Am hospital this morning, registered and was given a vaccination date of the 2nd August. At least I now have a second option in case the HHH option continues to get delayed - the person who did our registration was unable to advise what vaccine we would get. :thanks:
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

Dannie Boy wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:01 am
Dannie Boy wrote: Wed Jul 07, 2021 8:42 am I’ve tried to see the status of my planned vaccination for tomorrow - I get as far as the page that confirms I’m registered, where it then says to check the HHHospital website, but when I try, I enter my 13 digit ID number and it keeps returning to the same page for me to enter it again, and then does the same again!!

Any other suggestions?
Just a suggestion
I finally got around to taking your advice joelle and went to Cha Am hospital this morning, registered and was given a vaccination date of the 2nd August. At least I now have a second option in case the HHH option continues to get delayed - the person who did our registration was unable to advise what vaccine we would get. :thanks:
Pleased for you
If you're over 60 you will automatically get AstraZeneca
Have a pleasant day :cheers:
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

joelle wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:15 am
Dannie Boy wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:01 am

Just a suggestion
Pleased for you
If you're over 60 you will automatically get AstraZeneca
Have a pleasant day :cheers:
There are many times when I wish I was under 60, but in this case I’m happy!!