TV series worth watching/downloading

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
Big Boy

Re: TV series worth watching/downloading

Post by Big Boy »

Big Boy wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:19 pm
dtaai-maai wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:04 pm How was Sense8, BB?
I will be sitting down to watch the final part of Season 1 in about 10 minutes. I intended giving a summary tomorrow. However, as you've asked, here goes.
I've now watched the Christmas Special, which was basically 'lets show the audience our bits as we all get to know each other' :shock:. It had very little to do with the main plot.

I'm now working through season 2. Now that it all makes sense, it is getting really good. I can definitely understand the outcry when they cancelled season 3.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

dtaai-maai wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:12 pm I'm watching WAKING THE DEAD at the moment on BBC iPlayer. 9 series between 2000 and 2011, but it doesn't feel dated. It's a London-based "cold case" story line. I've always liked Trevor Eve as an actor, and he leads a strong cast.
Trevor Eve, forever Eddie Shoestring :thumb:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

I tried, but I never quite managed to get the look... :laugh:

shoestring.jpg
shoestring.jpg (99.63 KiB) Viewed 333 times
This is the way
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

sateeb wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:28 pmTrevor Eve, forever Eddie Shoestring :thumb:
Now there's a blast from the past! I'll have to do some searching now.....
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Big Boy wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:50 pm
dtaai-maai wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:04 pm How was Sense8, BB?
I've now watched the Christmas Special, which was basically 'lets show the audience our bits as we all get to know each other' :shock:. It had very little to do with the main plot.

I'm now working through season 2. Now that it all makes sense, it is getting really good. I can definitely understand the outcry when they cancelled season 3.
OK, I've finished it now. Season 2 and 80% of the concluding episode were excellent. For some reason, the last 30 minutes was a wedding in the Eiffel Tower, followed by mass orgy involving the entire cast - literally a happy ending, but 0/10 for relevance to the story.

I enjoyed it, but the 2 hour Christmas Special and the final 30 minutes were a bit baffling..
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Would any of you kind hearted gents please send me a link to download The Crown

My Thai taxi lady is mad keen to watch this but she could only find series 1

She's happy to watch in English because she wants to learn.

(She watched The Fall in English)

Thanks in advance

Sent from my M2007J20CT using Tapatalk

sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Brilliant, thanks for this!

Pinoydave
Amateur
Amateur

Post by Pinoydave »

dtaai-maai wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:43 pm I tried, but I never quite managed to get the look... :laugh:

shoestring.jpg
He’s just bought himself the most amazing Rolls Royce..... absolutely top of the range
buksida

Post by buksida »

The latest season (29) of Top Gear is a hoot - can download them here: https://eztv.re/search/?q1=&q2=275&search=Search
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

buksida wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:44 pm The latest season (29) of Top Gear is a hoot - can download them here: https://eztv.re/search/?q1=&q2=275&search=Search
Thanks for that little reminder, these lads are so very much better than the Chris Evans fiasco. I've got these on Amazon, but there are so many options everywhere (I'm working my way through 20 years of Silent Witness on iPlayer at the moment... :shock: ) that it's easy to miss something.
This is the way
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

dtaai-maai wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:12 am
buksida wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:44 pm The latest season (29) of Top Gear is a hoot - can download them here: https://eztv.re/search/?q1=&q2=275&search=Search
Thanks for that little reminder, these lads are so very much better than the Chris Evans fiasco. I've got these on Amazon, but there are so many options everywhere (I'm working my way through 20 years of Silent Witness on iPlayer at the moment... :shock: ) that it's easy to miss something.
I’ve also started watching the older issues of Silent Witness and was quite surprised at how liberal they were with showing close-ups of body parts!!
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

By far the best series I've seen this year is The Queens Gambit. I have zero interest or knowledge about chess. It's more a story of the human condition.

Storyline
Nine year-old orphan Beth Harmon is quiet, sullen, and by all appearances unremarkable. That is, until she plays her first game of chess. Her senses grow sharper, her thinking clearer, and for the first time in her life she feels herself fully in control. By the age of sixteen, she's competing for the U.S. Open championship. But as Beth hones her skills on the professional circuit, the stakes get higher, her isolation grows more frightening, and the thought of escape becomes all the more tempting. Based on the book by Walter Tevis.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10048342/? ... _sr_srsg_0

On Netflix or download from your usual sites :cheers:

― George Carlin
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

sateeb wrote:By far the best series I've seen this year is The Queens Gambit. I have zero interest or knowledge about chess. It's more a story of the human condition.
Storyline
Nine year-old orphan Beth Harmon is quiet, sullen, and by all appearances unremarkable. That is, until she plays her first game of chess. Her senses grow sharper, her thinking clearer, and for the first time in her life she feels herself fully in control. By the age of sixteen, she's competing for the U.S. Open championship. But as Beth hones her skills on the professional circuit, the stakes get higher, her isolation grows more frightening, and the thought of escape becomes all the more tempting. Based on the book by Walter Tevis.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10048342/? ... _sr_srsg_0

On Netflix or download from your usual sites :cheers:
"By far the best series I've seen this year is The Queens Gambit."

Big shout Sateeb!

Got me thinking..... best I've seen this year??

Probably Escape from Dannemaro.....

Not that I'm not enjoying Queens Gambit, I am(a lot) but I doubt it will be my very best of 2020.

Would like to hear from others as to their no. 1 this year??

GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

Just finished watching the second series of Manhunt on Netflix. This one is has a sub-heading of, "Deadly Games" and tells the story of the Atlanta Olympics Centennial Park bombing and the subsequent investigation (and "manhunt").

Highly recommended and as is often the case with series like this (for me at least) highly addictive and binge-worthy. I stayed up one night till nearly two in the morning watching the first few episodes.

I remembered some of the basic outline of the story but of course I didn't know all the details that the show reveals, especially with some of the twists in the plot, and the tensions between the FBI and ATF, who have competing theories about the bomb/bomber.