Getting to Phuket or Krabi

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
daktari
Novice
Novice

Getting to Phuket or Krabi

Post by daktari »

seems to me that the easiest way to get there from HH, is to go back to Bangkok and book a flight. any other ideas?
buksida

Re: Getting to Phuket or Krabi

Post by buksida »

Bus is your only other option if limited to public transport.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
daktari
Novice
Novice

Post by daktari »

thank you, would you say driving is good option? aside from 9 hours one way?
nil
Professional
Professional

Post by nil »

Maybe an option. Get sleeper train to Surat Thani and then hire a car or get on a bus from there.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

The bus leaves HH late evening (about 9-10 pm) so you can sleep until you arrive early next morning then get a taxi to wherever you want to visit.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

Firstly I do not want this post to steam-roller the OP's initial Q. But...
I have friends coming over to HH at Xmas, & they'd like to go to Phuket..Now I have had an idea that I'd like to share with you good folk to give it a thumbs up or deffo thumbs down...

Plan is for the 4 of them (mum, dad + 2 teenagers) to Rent a car here from Budget (They have an office at Phuket airport, so will hire the vehicle 1 way)...Drive to Ranong (6hrs)..enjoy a couple days there (hot springs & the beaches south of Ranong).
Then drive to Pang Nga Bay..spend a coupla days there doing boat trips etc...THEN finally popping over to Phuket, either keep the car for a few days more or dump it at Budget's office
(They then plan to fly to BKK for last coupla days of their stay.

This coincides a little bit with what the OP is aiming at maybe..?? :cheers: :cheers:
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Sounds like a plan......... my only concern would be, is the driver familiar with driving in Thailand - it’s not recommended for the feint-hearted!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

I last did Hua Hin to Krabi in 2014. Here are the 3 options I presented to my friend from the US I was traveling with. He picked #1. Maybe my info and opinions are still true. Listed in order from least painful to most.

1. Overnight VIP bus to either Krabi or Phuket.

2. Sleeper train to Surat Thani, then taxi or town bus to one of the 2 bus stations. Then bus to Krabi or minivan to Phuket. Surat Thani is infamous for it's transport scams. You've been warned. Other downside is the train is often ~1-2 hours late arriving in Hua Hin.

3. Night bus to Surat Thani, then bus to Krabi or minivan to Phuket. In addition to potential transpo scams, you're arriving in Surat Thani before sunup.
htw
Novice
Novice

Post by htw »

Hi, I have been looking for information on the VIP bus from HH to Phuket, can't find it anywhere. Can you help?