Koh Samui Advice

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
Big Boy

Koh Samui Advice

Post by Big Boy »

I have a cousin visiting Thailand next year with her husband. I've been able to help her with planning everywhere that she wants to include on her visit, with the exception of Koh Samui. It's probably easiest if I include an extract from her message:
I've been around Samui many times myself and would love a beach front property but they cost silly money.

I don't think I want Chagwen as it sounds too busy.

Lamai seems a bit less busy but the beach doesn't seem so nice. I would like quietish but within easy reach of bars restaurants etc.

Then I thought I might get better sunset's on the west coast of the island, so you see my dilemma.

The cost comes into it as well, I don't want to go too silly, perhaps £700 max, but as I won't do it again I could be persuaded to go a bit higher just for the experience.

My date's for this part of the trip is 24 March to 1 April.
I know as much about Koh Samui as I know about golf - zero. So basically, do we have any Koh Samui experts on here? If so, can you advise please?

My cousin is about 70 (not sure exactly).
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
MDMK
Ace
Ace

Re: Koh Samui Advice

Post by MDMK »

At the risk of sounding like some airbnb promoter :oops: ... I just put that budget and those dates into airbnb and came up with more than 300 properties, most are condos, some are villas (some of those are sea front) but they are all over the island. You can narrow down the search parameters though to certain areas if someone else can help there. And most of the properties come in at way under that £700pw budget, which is very generous for airbnb. A quick glance shows the average at around £40 per night (possibly excl of a one off cleaning fee). I would be looking for a beach-front, top spec villa with that budget.