MotoGP

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

MotoGP

Post by Vital Spark »

I thought I'd start a new thread for Moto GP as I can't stand football. :wink:

Rossi did a superb job today at Le Mans, and he looked so damned happy on the podium. As for Lorenzo, what a man! Finishing third with two fractured ankles - I did think, however, that the plastic chair on the podium was slightly OTT.

Great to see Rossi back to his old self again. :D

VS

PS: Forgot about Colin Edwards - fine performance finishing 2nd.
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Randy Cornhole »

I also can't stand boring boring football and thus welcome this thread with open arms.
Well done the Dr... :thumb:
www.35mmview.com
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Moto Gp is great racing, really exciting with loads of overtaking.
It awesome when these guys go into corners sideways and spin the rear up all the way through keeping the bike in balance - really is seat of the pants stuff.

Rossi is a bikers icon - awesome control one of these guys who can pull time out of the air - like Senna used to, Lorenzo - real iron man (bit like Mick Doohan in the 90s racing with a broken leg!)

Formula 1 is going in the right direction lets hope they keep going.
nevets
Guru
Guru

Post by nevets »

A long time ago i was sitting at the traffic lights and who is in a porsha next to me , foggy (Carl Fogerty) the man him self , retired now though a shame about the arm.
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

JW wrote: It awesome when these guys go into corners sideways and spin the rear up all the way through keeping the bike in balance - really is seat of the pants stuff.
I totally agree about the sideways stuff. Garry McCoy was the master (from the recent lot) as far as I'm concerned. I believe he came from speedway racing, and the only way was sideways. He had a bad accident (Le Mans 2002?), and was never quite the same afterwards - he seemed to have lost his confidence. Apparently he's riding a Triumph in the Supersport World Championship now. One of my favourite motorcycles with one of my favourite racers. I hope he can do it. Shame we don't get it on TV here. :cry:

VS
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Randy Cornhole »

I can remember going to Brands Hatch every weekend to watch clubman racing, traveling up in all weathers on my old Ducati. Loved to watch my hero Barry Sheen when he was racing his nemesis Kenny Roberts. Remember his two fingered salute to Barry as he crossed the line?
www.35mmview.com
Cowtown Comedy
Professional
Professional

Post by Cowtown Comedy »

Bless you Vital Spark...I'm coming out of the closet too..I hate football, what a dull sport. Bring on more Moto GP and F1....Nothing better than wathing these on a BIG screen with surround sound. Brilliant race on Sunday...very talented riders. I always laugh when they take off their helmets, and look like they are 12 and havent shaved yet... :) Make football full contact, and maybe it would be worth a watch....Better yet, switch to ice, sticks, and pucks.
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Football is crap - most of the players are jumped up slime balls, like to cheat, show no respect for the refs or their peers. At the highest level the game is a joke. Generalisation there but so many people who have been football fans for years are becoming bored with it. The guys who played in the old days must be disgusted with what they see going on now.
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Randy Cornhole »

We should start an anti football thread where we discuss all things that make it a boring sport played by a bunch of overpaid brylcreemed divas. Hang on is that not F1?....... :mrgreen:
www.35mmview.com
Cowtown Comedy
Professional
Professional

Post by Cowtown Comedy »

why do people (the ones who live in a tiny country, have a queen, and think they still control the world) call it "the football" as if its something biblical?...I think I'll say..."did you watch the Moto GP last night. :twisted:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Cowtown Comedy wrote:
call it "the football" as if its something biblical
This is simply the English language. What word would you sensibly suggest be used as an alternative?
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Cowtown Comedy
Professional
Professional

Post by Cowtown Comedy »

come on BB...I just trying to " take the piss" as you would say. Only saying there is more than one type of football....... :cheers:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

In the immortal words of the great late Bill Shankly
'Some people believe football is a matter of life and death.
I'm very disappointed with that attitude.
I can assure you it is much, much more important than that.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

football

Post by lindosfan1 »

Cowtown if wit was s*** you would be constipated
:offtopic:
I remember Brands in the old days used to be some excellent racing there.
Football as a sport it is entertaining unfortunately money has taken over and now the rich clubs buy success.
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

Cowtown Comedy wrote:Only saying there is more than one type of football....... :cheers:
No there isnt.