Hatton -V- Mayweather

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
johnnyk
Legend
Legend

Post by johnnyk »

buksida wrote:Watched the fight this morning, Hatton came out like a Tiger but Mayweather fought more strategically, used his reach advantage and came through when it mattered in the later rounds ... with a little help from his elbow here and there!
Damn good scrap thou!
Poor little choir-boy Rickey :cry: He would never do anything like that!
Jaime
Legend
Legend

Post by Jaime »

Just seen the fight - Mayweather took it to another level. Just kept snapping Ricky's head back with his jab time and time again. Amazingly fast hands and Ricky just didn't have the movement to avoid the punches - He kept coming forward and seemed to be walking onto the jab all the time. Bit of a demolition job if truth be told :shock: Ricky was punched out and wide open to the first left that floored him.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Jaime wrote:If the British public could bring themselves to vote for someone who isn't English, it would be Calzaghe whose sporting record is bettered by no other British sportsman or woman.
And Joe it was! Followed by Lewis and Ricky.

Well deserved by Joe and I'm pleased.

Good guys can come first! :thumb:
Jaime
Legend
Legend

Post by Jaime »

Wow - I'm stunned and eating humble pie. Well done to Joe and to the British public - my faith is restored!

:cheers:
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

sports person

Post by redzonerocker »

Jaime wrote:V.S. I agree - even though Hamilton did not win the world championship and has no personality.

If the British public could bring themselves to vote for someone who isn't English, it would be Calzaghe whose sporting record is bettered by no other British sportsman or woman. The event is a farce - just look at last years winner!

:roll:
:D the british public did jaime :D

http://sports.uk.myway.com/story_get.cg ... 10740.html

& well deserved in my opinion :cheers:
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
Vital Spark
Legend
Legend

Post by Vital Spark »

Hmmm. must have been a bit difficult not finding a footballer to give an award to. (I'm not a football fan). Neither am I a boxing fan so I have no idea who the winner is. I guess, from the above postings, he was a deserving recipient.

Oh well, Lewis got 2nd. Why do they call it Sports Personality? When it comes to competitive sports it doesn't matter if you have a personality. Why not Sports Achievement?

Saying that I don't like football, it was rather nice to see that Bobby Robson got an award. Such a nice man. And he lives in Ipswich :roll: (which is a grotty place, but it's the nearest big town to where I come from).

VS
"Properly trained, man can be a dog's best friend"
Jaime
Legend
Legend

Post by Jaime »

Eye opening BBC interview with Joe C at the gym, before his last fight with Kessler. He is so matter of fact and convincingly confident:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/player/sol/newsid ... ue&bbcws=2

(After making the above link, you have to click on the link to the 'Inside Sport' article)

To say he is very, very focussed and dedicated would be a bit of an understatement. His comments at the start about Lacy are quite funny!