Who will qualify?

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.

Who will qualify?

Poll ended at Mon Nov 19, 2007 2:53 pm

England
24%
Scotland
12%
Both
6%
Neither
59%

Total votes: 17

Jockey
Banned
Banned

Post by Jockey »

Del boy tells me these are a bargain! http://www.kitbag.com/stores/kitbag_4_5 ... =14&mid=34
hogus
Professional
Professional

Post by hogus »

Big Boy wrote::cuss: And what's good about it? :cuss:
Oh, Big Boy, there is a good site that football's leaving home!
So you have the chance to bet on a real professional team next year - the Germans!

Sorry,but I couldn't resist! :) :) :)

:cheers:
Wanderlust
Legend
Legend

Post by Wanderlust »

I have only just returned to my computer so apologies for my late response to the shambles that is the England international team - I didn't see the match because it was so late here and I had a funeral to go to today, but it doesn't surprise me at all; it wasn't hard to predict that neither of the English or Scottish teams would make it, and it was always obvious that McLaren was going to make a hash of the England job. And it seems likely that the FA will make another hash of who they appoint; I am still in favour of having an Englishman managing England, but if a good candidate is not available then we find a foreigner instead. My English shortlist would include (in no particular order) Harry Redknapp, Paul Jewell, possibly Alan Shearer (even though he has no management experience but that didn't hinder Klinsmann with Germany), Stuart Pearce (but with someone like Venables or Robson to help with some decisions) and I guess Sam Allardyce but he really would be my last choice. I would have said Steve Coppell but he has shown a weakness under pressure in the past, and the one guaranteed thing the England job brings is pressure!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

hogus wrote:
Big Boy wrote::cuss: And what's good about it? :cuss:
Oh, Big Boy, there is a good site that football's leaving home!
So you have the chance to bet on a real professional team next year - the Germans!

Sorry,but I couldn't resist! :) :) :)

:cheers:
Thanks hogus, I've been hearing jibes all day ranging from:
Scotland have announced their player of the year - Scott Carson
to
Tom Tom are having trouble programing their new Sat Navs - they can't find England anywhere in Europe
to
What has Lewis Hamilton got next year that England hasn't? McLaren
Never mind, if you give a little, you've got to expect a bit back
:cry: :lach: :cry:
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I see that England have slipped to 12th in the World rankings. That makes them almost as bad as Scotland who are 14th.

Points 48; Position 20
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

England's mainstream team may not have qualified for Euro 2008. Not to worry at least 50% of the English population will be able to support their home team. Poland have qualified :twisted:

Points 48; Position 20
Don East Stand
Professional
Professional

Post by Don East Stand »

The following message from the Scottish Parliament has just been intercepted,

"Mission complete - return home special agent McLaren."

:roll:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

:lach: Don, believe me, even Scottish Football doesn't want or need him :lach:

However, if St Johnstone are looking for a new manager - he's available :twisted:

Points 48; Position 20
Don East Stand
Professional
Professional

Post by Don East Stand »

As it happens St Johnstone are looking for a new manager and I just wondered if anyone had any thoughts or opinions about the young lad McLaren who is apparently available now. :wink:

He's got a good Scottish name, but I wonder if he could he handle the media circus and constant attention that goes with the Saints job? :roll:

Forgive me for being off topic, but there's only a few hours til kickoff and I'm all over the place.

Time to practice, "COME ON YE SAINTS!" :thumb: :cheers:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Don,

He's certainly available, and his pedigree took him to the final of the European Losers Cup - not many Scottish teams have excelled to such great heights before. I hope you can put in a good word for him.

He's been in the media spotlight for sometime now, yet has still managed quite a lucrative payoff - that could be another plus for St Johnstone, he obvioulsy doesn't need the money so you'd probably get him cheap.

Obviously, I would be very disappointed because my team Plymouth are also seeking a new manager, but with Plymouth being in the playoff zone for the English Premiership, St Johnstone's needs are definitely greater.

Points 48; Position 20