Another on-line map resource

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Another on-line map resource

Post by VincentD »

I was looking for an update to my mapmagic Bangkok map and came across this on their website.

It offers a level of detail of the whole of Thailand that is too good not to share. You can change the default language to English.

Enjoy.

http://www.mapguidethailand.com/home/search.php?l=th
วินเชนท์
buksida

Post by buksida »

Looks good, it seems they're just using Google Map technology though, a slew of new map websites have appeared recently using it, these guys have just tweaked it a little further.

Additionally Google Maps will start appearing at petrol stations soon (in the US):
Google gas is on the way as consumers may soon see the search engine giant at the pumps. No, they haven't just bought out an oil company, but they will be offering services when you fill up. The provision of color screens at thousands of gas stations across the US will assist motorists with driving directions employing Google Map technology.

The deal also includes gas retail product company Gilbarco Veeder-Root, which will create specially designed pumps to include an Internet connection and a modified version of Google Maps. Users will be able to select from a range of local attractions, hotels, hospitals and destinations on touch screens, the data will be chosen by the operators of each gas station.

Print-outs will be available and the screens can also be used by the store owners to advertise their products and promotions. About 3,500 gas stations are part of the initial test launch, a number that will expand depending on the success of the project. Further services may also be added, including weather and traffic reports and public service announcements.
Source: http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Global_Eco ... 0Dj02.html
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
johnnyk
Legend
Legend

Post by johnnyk »

Had a go this evening and found the wat and school in the small
"village with no name" that I visited this summer.
Thanks for the link, well worth book marking! :cheers:
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Already bookmarked

Even found my Isaan Thai village near Kranun

Yet another web surfer mine of information
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

That is a good map, but I’m afraid Bham Khan Yai where we have a house, about 15km North of Nong Ki is still in area of blankness.
I do have a map of Issan that shows it, but it’s a big image file; if I can work out how to post a link to it I will.
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

Interesting

This map has been for sale at THB 300 on CD ROM in most Bangkok bookshops for ages.

Could have saved the money!!!!!!!!