Bangkok outer ring-road complete.

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
Norseman
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Norseman »

Not sure what road you are talking about Steve, but if you mean the road from HH via Ratburi and Nakon Chaisi, I did that route 3 weeks ago.
The Rama IX road is faster, but because the surface of the road between Samut Songkhram and Samut Sakhon is really in a very bad shape, I wanted to try parts of the ring road to find out it was a better route.
Better road quality, but a longer distance to Khorat.
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

If anyone can post the route from Saraburi to Hua Hin, it would be helpful. May 06 saw the highway take you into q building site and then off the highway - result being I got lost.

Thanks
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Yes, I mean using the ring road to go south of Bangkok, over the new bridge and up the eastern ring road to where it joins highway 1. I’ve tried using the western ring road but I’ve always found it blocked with trucks, so I’ve been using the expressway over the Rama IX and up past Don Muang.
I’m going up at the end of next week so I’ll give it a try.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Sorry, I meant the western highway.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Caller, I think I know the building site you mean; I’ve been there as well. If it’s the same one, that is where the approach to the bridge was still being built in May.
seasider

Post by seasider »

Winkie wrote:
seasider wrote:
Winkie wrote:I've used the new road several times now. Yes, the Airport is easy to find. Its sign-posted, but basically you stay on the Ring Road until you reach the Bangkok-Pattaya Motorway and then joing the Motorway in the Chonburi direction. This si assuming you are comind from the Rama II direction.

I'm travelling down to Cha Am tomorrow evening, and will be joining the new road from the Sirnakarin entrance, my BKK home is in Samut Prakarn and I belvie that I will save best part of an hour.

Will post over the weekend to let you know of my progress

Winkie
Actually I was more concerned about finding the route coming from the airport - that is the way I usually have problems. If only there was a huge sign coming from the terminal that said Cha Am/ Hua Hin this way!
:D

SS
Seasider

From the Airport, go to Bangna Trad (there are 2 ways to do this, at least!). one will put you directly on the Outer ring road and this will keep going all the way to Rama II over the river.

If you reach Bangna Trad road (without option to go to Rama II), joing Bangna Trad in direction of Bangkok, within about 4-5 kms you'll reach the Outer Ring Rod, follow signs to Rama II Road.

Both not a major problem, both very quick

Certainly will shave 1 hour off the journey from the Airport to HH
Thanks Winkie, I'll give it a try next week and let you know how I get on. I'll only be there for three days this time so hope I don't get too lost :?
Cheers
SS
Life's a beach.....