HHAD photo competition III

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
buksida

HHAD photo competition III

Post by buksida »

Welcome to HHAD's third photo competition.

The link below will take you to a reply window where those with permission can upload their entry.

When you reply you'll see a link as follows:

That will popup a window enabling you to upload your image. Once you have browsed and uploaded your image, click "Send" and it will appear in the popup box, then click "Standard" link and it will be inserted into your post.

Rules:
1) All submissions must be original works taken by you that have not been previously published on a website or anywhere else.

2) Submitted photos must be unaltered. Only cropping, sharpening and brightness/contrast adjustments are allowed.

3) Members are only allowed to submit one image per month within each category. If more than one image is submitted to the same category, only the first will be accepted.

4) Competition not open to moderators.

Criteria:
1) Images must be a maximum of 800x600 pixels, any larger will get rejected.

2) Images must be a maximum filesize of 240Kb, any larger will get rejected.

3) Image uploading is only open to members with 10 or more posts.

Competition:
1) All entries will go into a hidden section viewable only by Moderators.

2) Competition will run as soon as we have ten entries, current number will be posted here.

3) The ten will be put to the poll on the forum and identified by number for voting.

If you want to contribute just join this usergroup or PM me and we'll give you permission.

CLICK HERE to submit your photo to the competition

Any questions? Post them here and get snapping!

This comp is NOT open to moderators - the next one will be.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Just sent one. Not a winner I don't think but a real interesting story about the location. Steve G., you'll enjoy the history. I'll elaborate more later. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

I’ll look forward to that Pete. I took a load of pictures up in Issan last month so I’ll pick one out to enter, no history though, just rice and the odd kwai! It amuses the locals no end when you take pictures of that sort of stuff. I showed one to my partner’s mother and she asked me where it was which caused a laugh as I took it 200 meters from her house and she’s lived there for 68 years!
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Kids

Post by Randy Cornhole »

www.35mmview.com
buksida

Post by buksida »

You're supposed to use the link in the first post to submit your pic to the entrants.

Oh ... you have done it that way twice also ...
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Randy Cornhole »

Sorry, made a pigs ear of it....... First time iv'e entered. Feel free to delete what you want... :cry:
www.35mmview.com
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

photo

Post by redzonerocker »

sent photo but not sure if it went through? :roll:
can you let me know buksida so i can try again if not :thumb:
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Nope, got 3 entries so far:

prcscct
Randy Cornhole
niggle
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

hhad photo 3

Post by redzonerocker »

buksida wrote:Nope, got 3 entries so far:

prcscct
Randy Cornhole
niggle
should be through this time :thumb:
forgot to resize :oops: , so a reminder to anyone who is having trouble uploading or is forgetful like me :oops: , photo has to be resized to 800x600 to enter :thumb:
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I think where everyone is having problems is that when you hit "send" you have to wait a bit if not on high speed. Then, the picture will appear in the sub-box where you just hit the "send" button. Then, you must click on "standard". Me thinks people miss this last "standard" step.

You'll know for sure that your pic went through when you get a confirmation that your message was sent but it will say "no such message exists" or something similar. This is because Admin hides these posts until the competition entries are published as a whole. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Buksi

Did you get one from me?
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
buksida

Post by buksida »

rzr - got it!

richard - nope.

remember to follow the destructions in the first post, images must be resized!
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

OK

Will try again!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I submitted one from my last trip to Thailand, but I see that the rules state:
3) Members are only allowed to submit one image per month within each category. If more than one image is submitted to the same category, only the first will be accepted.
Does this mean that the non-Hua Hin category is back this time? If so, how do I differentiate my second entry?

Please confirm receipt of my first entry.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
buksida

Post by buksida »

Only one category this time so they all go in the same one.

Six entries so far from:

prcscct
Randy Cornhole
niggle
redzonerocker
Big Boy
STEVE G

We'll run on ten ... get them in!