Eva Air

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Hi Jaime, Eva have confirmed the 747 is the newer 400 series and looking at the fleet details on their website, they don't own any of the older ones. They confirmed it has the same in-flight entertainment throughtout as on the 777 (a wikipedia entry was posted on T-UK which showed the same thing).

It seems to be in response to demand. Forgot to ask about the airmile thing - sorry.
Talk is cheap
Kraka's Dad
Guru
Guru

Post by Kraka's Dad »

Jaime

It will be a 747-400 I do not think they have any 747-200s.
I would never fly with them again.
Out of the last 4 times we have used them we have missed our connecting flight up to Manchester 3 times. The last time in July was an absolute disaster. The organisagion was non existant. The 777 was on a stand with no airbridge so had to be bussed to the terminal. Just 1 bus was used !!!!! So you can imagine how long it took to disembark! Needless to say we missed the connection! No help was offered we had to find out what we were supposed to do which entailed going from terminal 3 to terminal 1 and back to terminal 3 (Helen my partner is disabled but no help offered and was in agony with her knee for days afterwards). After 2 1/2 hours of confusion we found out who we were supposed to see we had been sent backwards and forwards all over Heathrow. The girl who finally saw us could not even direct us to the hotel shuttle bus stand we had to find out where that was. 3 1/2 hours after landing we arrived at the hotel they put us up in. All in all a very poor display of lack of planning and customer care. Needless to say we complained but it is still ongoing now !!
:guns: :guns:

We are flying Etihad next time.
:cheers:
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

When we travelled just over a month ago, anywhere from Heathrow Terminal 2 needed you take off shoes.

Moscow to BKK was intermittent ie we didn't have to remove our shoes, but they were making some people remove theirs - obviously I don't look like a terrorist.

BKK to Moscow - no requirement.

Moscow to Heathrow everybody had to remove shoes.

............ Oh & by the way, Aeroflot is the cheapest of them all, and has the shortest stopovers of the lot. They are more roomy than many other carriers as well.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Jaime
Legend
Legend

Post by Jaime »

Kraka's Dad wrote:Jaime

It will be a 747-400 I do not think they have any 747-200s.
On the Flights-4-Less/LastMinute.Com web site, the route is listed as using 741/747-200's when you search for flights between LHR & BKK. All the various airlines' web sites seem to be out of date re: their fleets. For example according to the Etihad web site they don't have any A340-600's but it's clear from reading passenger reviews that they do.

I've always had good experiences with Eva, having first been transferred to an Eva flight when my KLM flight was cancelled some years ago. I have always found their personal service to be a little cold and clinical (and once in Evergreen Deluxe class, downright rude) but I was more than prepared to put up with that when the new fleet of 777's appeared. The retrograde step of using older 747's puts a new slant on things though.
Jaime
Legend
Legend

Post by Jaime »

For those with Evergreen club cards and with regard to the accumulation of frequent flyer miles, this from the Eva air rules:

Please note:
Please note that the mileage/EVA Air international flight credits cannot be earned with the following tickets:
Various free or special offer tickets
Group tickets
Charter tickets
Infant tickets
Barter tickets
Special promotion fare
Ex: Holding R/H/X booking class code tickets.
For any promotional tickets, the promotion's regulations will prevail.

The mileage record with cabin class upgrade can be credited to Evergreen Club membership account only, it is not permitted to transfer into other partner airlines.

I have checked and unfortunately, the promotional fares being offered in March/April are booking code 'H' which means you cannot accumulate mileage. In order to accumulate mileage you need to book an economy ticket in class Y, or whatever, which is currently going for about £150 more than the H class fares.
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

That is poor, it makes no difference what time of year you fly with Emirates in regards to your skymiles.

In fact I gain my silver skywards card after my outgoing flight in December. :thumb:
Kraka's Dad
Guru
Guru

Post by Kraka's Dad »

Also over the last couple of years they have reduced the % of acruable airmiles. Elite/Evergreen used to be 125% of actual miles then it went to 112% and now it is 100% thus reducing the airmiles accumulated :(
Last edited by Kraka's Dad on Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Well I don't fly for air miles. My wife gets hers with Eva for this flight as she's not on a promotional deal. I am and as this is my first flight with Eva it counts for nowt in any case. I usually fly with Qantas (of which I am a frequent flyer) but am now in the situation of having to book two sets of flights instead of one. I have just paid £444 for a direct flight and that is one of the best deals I have come across - only matched by decrepit Thai airlines. An average price of £500 for two direct return flights does me.

Its horses for courses.
Talk is cheap