Were has Papa Johns gone to

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Hobiecat
Professional
Professional

Were has Papa Johns gone to

Post by Hobiecat »

I was told he moved down to Kk. Does anyone know? They had great food!
JD
Legend
Legend

Post by JD »

Papa Johns will be opening in Khao Takiab sometime in early August. :thumb:
Per Angusta In Augusta.
-----------------------------------------------
http://www.facebook.com/huahinhamandbacon
www.hamandbacon.co.th
Hobiecat
Professional
Professional

Post by Hobiecat »

Excellent I'll be dieing for a good steak when I get home.
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Try a place called Baan Monta, beside Billys bar, great food - steaks are spot on. The jacket potatoes are fantastic.
Will have to try Papa JOhns when it opens, lots of people say good things about it.
Hobiecat
Professional
Professional

Post by Hobiecat »

What Soi would that be on? I've never hear of the place but am always looking for a resturant that can do a proper steak. There few and far btween in HH.
Huahinian
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Huahinian »

Baan Monta is located on the road leading to the beach between the Sofitel and the Hilton. Before you reach the Sofitel bungalow resort, it is on the left. I agree with JW - excellent food.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Baan Monta has been around for a long time, 9 or 10 years i think, recently moved from soi 57 - the grea thing is that its consistent - always good food, generous portions. hink i have just talked myself into dinner there tonight! Can wash the food down with an ice cold beer from Billys - what a life eh!
Roel
Guru
Guru

Post by Roel »

I used to frequent the old Monta restaurant back in 1994-1995. It was located at Dechanuchit Road back then and was called Monta's Garden (or probably spelled in German as Monta's Garten). Definitely the same guy. Excellent food. I will try his new place soon, thanks.
We are all living in 'the good old days' of the future.
Hobiecat
Professional
Professional

Post by Hobiecat »

[ Can wash the food down with an ice cold beer from Billys - what a life eh![/quote]

You lucky bugger. I'm stuck in the dirty dusty desert with a dry throat. Heading to Yemen tomorrow so I won't see a :cheers: for a while. :cuss:
DawnHRD
Legend
Legend

Post by DawnHRD »

Slightly off topic - JW, as our pet restaurant critic, I saw you in Mini Farm Kitchen the other evening (Don't worry, not stalking you - I live near there :mrgreen: ) Been wondering what it's like since it opened. As I said before, the rare times I go out, I don't want to go somewhere that's not up to scratch, but that's nice & local for me & littl'un - so, what did you think?
"The question is not, can they reason? Nor, can they talk? But, can they suffer?" - Jeremy Bentham, philosopher, 1748-1832

Make a dog's life better, today!