Peak Season and Rentals

Ask here about the pleasures and pitfalls of buying, selling or renting property and real estate in Hua Hin. Building, design and construction topics welcome. Commercial or promotional posts for real estate companies or private properties are forbidden.
katyb
Rookie
Rookie

Peak Season and Rentals

Post by katyb »

Hi All,

I've seen the advice about arriving in town and finding a house to rent yourself rather than pre booking and I can see the logic in this, but I am a little concerned as we will be arriving on 1 December, which is approaching peak season. Is Hua Hin likely to be packed at this time and if so, are we going to struggle to find a house to rent for 3 months?

I like the idea of turning up and checking into a guesthouse and looking around but we can't risk not being able to find somewhere to rent (otherwise we would have to go home!)

So, can anyone put my mind at rest - in general, are there still places to rent around 1 December or do I need to sort something out in advance?

Many thanks for any advice offered.
Kate
silverbird

Post by silverbird »

Those three months you intend to be here are really busy months. To come without a booking is to take quite a risk! It is also the period when most owners are likely to be in their houses so those for rent will be fewer than in the low season. Even the hotels and most popular guest houses are likely to be fully booked this period. Suppose you are not looking only for a place to stay but a place where you can have a good holiday.
katyb
Rookie
Rookie

Post by katyb »

Thanks for your reply Silverbird.

Well, we're not looking for a 'holiday home' as such, more somewhere to live that's near to golf courses and where I can continue to run my UK based business (need ADSL).

I have enquired about the houses near the Sport Villa, but haven't heard back yet (enquired twice - still waiting?). This location looks good on the map, but I've only been to Hua HIn once for a few days so I might be completely wrong! This is why I wanted to just turn up and look around first. Bit of a gamble by the sound of things, so maybe I just have to keep my fingers crossed and book somewhere blind.

Ideally we wanted Khao Takieb, but from another thread I understand that the ADSL connection is not so good away from HH centre.

If anyone else has any thoughts on this topic I would be grateful.

Many thanks
Kate
billseymour

Post by billseymour »

katyb,

When I replied to your other question about internet connections in HH, I said that my daughter-in-law experienced delays in the installation of her ADSL line.

She actually lives in Khao Takiab, and says that since it was installed it has worked well, and she has no complaints.
katyb
Rookie
Rookie

Post by katyb »

Bill,

Thanks for both of your posts. That's very reassuring re ADSL / Khao Takieb.

Much appreciated info.
Kate