Touch-Up Paint

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
Jack_Batty
Professional
Professional

Touch-Up Paint

Post by Jack_Batty »

The good news is that, after attending the driving school in Hin Lek Fai, and with much practice, my girlfriend recently obtained her drivers license. She received good quality instruction and has been getting better and better with each passing week. In fact, we just got back from a week in Yasothon visiting her family, and it was very nice to split up the driving. There were no incidents.

The bad news is that the procurement of this license was not without casualty. Unfortunately she scraped the gate while backing the car out of our driveway in the early days of her instruction. There is a scrape on the front right fender that is about 5” long and about 3/4” wide. We took it to the dealer to see if they had a vial of touch-up paint, but they said that they did not, and advised me to file an insurance claim (??!!!). I then took it to the shop where I get the car detailed and they advised me to take it to the dealership; that they could not help me and knew of no alternative.

Does anyone here have a body shop that they have used in the past for this kind of thing? I’m sure I can find a place on my own, but would like to first seek the advice of this tried and true forum. Thanks in advance.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Re: Touch-Up Paint

Post by STEVE G »

If you have full insurance, you might be covered for paint damage. My partner put a few minor dinks in our Honda when it was new and they all got fixed by the insurance.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Re: Touch-Up Paint

Post by Nereus »

search.php?keywords=paint+touch+up
I popped in there (Taweesak) this morning, as the back bumper on my car had been scrapped along the side by some nice big jeep whilst I was sat at traffic lights. :roll: :guns: There wasn't a lot of damage, and I reckoned it could be painted over. Nice young Thai guy, with good English, had a look ...
viewtopic.php?p=478386&hilit=paint+touch+up#p478386
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!