Bars open until 6am on Jan 1, 2024

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
PeteC

Bars open until 6am on Jan 1, 2024

Post by PeteC »

Unknown if the Hua Hin area MIB's will agree with this and allow it.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... m-on-jan-1

Places of entertainment will be allowed to remain open all night for the New Year celebrations, until 6am on Jan 1, the Interior Ministry announced on Monday.

Spokeswoman Traisuree Taisaranakul said the temporary extension of the closing time was aimed at promoting tourism and New Year celebrations. It would be formally announced in a new ministerial regulation on opening hours.

From this Friday, entertainment venues in Bangkok, Chiang Mai, Chon Buri, Koh Samui (in Surat Thani province) and Phuket, along with such venues in registered hotels nationwide, will be regularly able to stay open until 4am.

Interior Minister Anutin Charnvirakul had already signed the new regulation, which would soon be published in the Royal Gazette, she said.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Re: Bars open until 6am on Jan 1, 2024

Post by PeteC »

Seriously, can anyone remember on here the last time you drank until sunrise, and somehow got home alive?! :laugh:

I may have done it once or twice in my 20's, usually as part of a wedding reception or similar. :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
buksida

Post by buksida »

I remember going to the full moon parties on Koh Phangan in my 20s and seeing the sunrises ... way too old for those shenanigans now.

I doubt the venues in Hua Hin will be allowed to stay open late, the place has its own rules and enforcers when it comes to these things.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Well, if there's ever a Hua Hin Forum beach party again, we can try it.

Several tables: BB's son and friends at one, the odds on favourites to make it until dawn.

The 30 something table.

The 40 something table.

The 50 something table.

The 60 + table, right next to the EMS emergency truck, and possibly the coroners truck! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

PeteC wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 3:32 pm Seriously, can anyone remember on here the last time you drank until sunrise, and somehow got home alive?! :laugh:

I may have done it once or twice in my 20's, usually as part of a wedding reception or similar. :cheers:
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I always chuckle when I hear about these concessions. My son seems to stay out until the early (some quite late) hours. Twice in the last week its been after 4. I really don't believe there are any real restrictions in Hua Hin.

Having said that, I don't care what time they close. You won't find this old git there :D

Points 48; Position 20
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Yes, it could be one bad night on JAN 1 throughout the country with bass amps pounding brains within a mile, so no big deal.

Those people who live in the permanent 4 AM closing cities though my go insane with the music until that hour night after night.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I live a stones throw from Hua Hin's nightlife - absolutely no problem (maybe I've gone deaf).

Points 48; Position 20
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

For me it's the bass and any amp with a "thumping" sound. I may as well be sitting right there instead of a mile or more away. It just resonates with me. :banghead:
buksida

Post by buksida »

Entertainment venues in Thai tourist destinations to open until 4 am
Starting from today (Dec. 15), the Thai government officially allows entertainment venues in some tourist areas in Bangkok, Phuket, Chon Buri, Chiang Mai, Surat Thani’s Ko Samui, as well as in legally-registered hotels nationwide to extend opening hours until 4 am.
Only on New Year’s Eve that pubs and bars in all locations across the country are allowed to stay open until 6 am of New Year’s Day.

Entertainment venues must have a licence to operate, and likewise for hotel properties.

https://www.tatnews.org/2023/12/enterta ... ntil-4-am/

Meanwhile, Hua Hin's bar owners are still living in fear, turning off music, handing out bills, and preparing to kick out at 1am while looking over their shoulders for the police to raid them (at least that was the case last night :oops: ).

More on this here where Mr. Unqualified, the new nightlife minister is already wagging his finger: https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... ning-rules
He said all customers must show their ID cards on the mobile app ThaiD, a rule meant to prevent forged ID cards, and the night venue areas will install facial recognition security cameras to record all patrons.

Meanwhile, Bangkok governor Chadchart Sittipunt said that among 207 night entertainment venues that are licensed to operate in the capital, only 140 had passed the required standards.

He said not a single venue in the Thong Lor area, known for its nightlife, has been approved.

In Chiang Mai, reports said that among 27 night entertainment venues in the province, only some are prepared to operate until 4am.

Local authorities in Chiang Mai have urged venue operators to follow the regulations strictly. Bars and restaurants can only sell alcoholic drinks from 11am-2pm and 5pm-12am, and can stay open until 1am.

I also heard something about them wanting venues to breathalyze patrons and refuse to serve if they were over the limit ... only in Thailand.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

buksida wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 am Meanwhile, Hua Hin's bar owners are still living in fear, turning off music, handing out bills, and preparing to kick out at 1am while looking over their shoulders for the police to raid them (at least that was the case last night :oops: ).
I'd never stay out that late, but as I've said many times, my son never seems to have a problem.
I also heard something about them wanting venues to breathalyze patrons and refuse to serve if they were over the limit ... only in Thailand.
Yes, I read that, but isn't it only if they know the customer is driving? Just another unenforceable Thai rule.

Points 48; Position 20
buksida

Post by buksida »

Big Boy wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 11:53 am I'd never stay out that late, but as I've said many times, my son never seems to have a problem.
There wasn't a problem, just saying that was the situation, lockins are common in the land of fear and most places were 'visibly closed' by 1am.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

buksida wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:40 am
Meanwhile, Bangkok governor Chadchart Sittipunt said that among 207 night entertainment venues that are licensed to operate in the capital, only 140 had passed the required standards.

He said not a single venue in the Thong Lor area, known for its nightlife, has been approved.
Thats probably because he lives in Thonglor! 8)
Talk is cheap
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

No, the places outside the old karaoke (do they still do karaoke?) area just open very late, regardless - no lock-ins there.

Points 48; Position 20
buksida

Post by buksida »

I was talking about Soi 88/94, I never go to the karaoke area, too much aggro there.

I'm guessing its the same as its ever been, pay the police and they let you stay open.